Extension Springs

bdt

Apprentice elf
Does anybody know of a good place to buy extension springs?

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Last year I tried extension springs to keep tension on a couple of my Mega Tree strings and it worked really well. I bought them from Lowes for ~$2 each. I figured I could find a better deal on the internet but haven't been very successful, any recommendations would be appreciated. [/font]

JPB

Full time elf
Not exactly sure I have got the right idea but would they be doing a similar function to the ones you might use on ropes holding up a tent? Camping store?

the grinch

I guess I could use a little social interaction
Hey mate yes I have had same thought s for tensioning . Trampoline springs are too heavy . Others I know of have used bungee cord . But im looking at old bed frames may be usefull lots of springs not too heavy duty and reckon can find for free or pay very little for a lot of springs good luck

bdt

Apprentice elf
JPB it sounds like your thinking that I mean to hold up the mega tree. I I guess didn’t give a very good description, I used a few of the springs in the photo to keep tension on the light strings individually.

Grinch, great idea I’ll check the local thrift stores to see if they have any old bed frames I can get cheep.

Attachments

• spring1.png
    spring1.png
    27.3 KB · Views: 7

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Have you done a search on EBay as there is a very large selection of different springs available that should do what you want including extension springs. Just do a search on 'Springs' in Ebay and then you will have a good choice to select from and at $2.95 for a pack of 10 + $2 shipping then that shouldn't break the bank

Pircy

Full time elf
Every time i go to the local dump i see a few old metal bedframes on the metal pile. Doesnt sound appetizing however abundant and free. Im always up for a bit cheap, enviro friendly, up cycled produce! Or maybe im just cheap!!!! Lol