Tomato planters

roo

Full time elf
Hi Just to let you know bunnings morisset NSW has tomoto stands, you know the ones that look like christmas trees for $5

Bridgette

Apprentice elf
Hey I work down there, I know most bunnings have them at present in christmas colours for i think 9 dollars, ill get there today and check, maybe it was 5, they were very light weight ones though but pretty

i13

Dedicated elf
The South Australians also have the option of the $15 Cheap as Chips ones. These are sometimes (but not always) wider at the base than the usual Bunnings ones making them more tree-shaped. On the wide ones I had to stop following the frame's spiral part way up because the spiral gets too vertical without enough wraps near the top.

Thanks smartalec for telling me about these!

darylc

404 darylc not found
i13 said:
The South Australians also have the option of the $15 Cheap as Chips ones. These are sometimes (but not always) wider at the base than the usual Bunnings ones making them more tree-shaped. On the wide ones I had to stop following the frame's spiral part way up because the spiral gets too vertical without enough wraps near the top.

Thanks smartalec for telling me about these!

Do you have a photo i13?

i13

Dedicated elf
Yes

Left: Bunnings spiral frame with nodes. They had two sizes and this is the taller one. Both sizes had about the same taper.

Middle: Wide Cheap as Chips frame with nodes.

Right: Wide Cheap as Chips frame with nothing on it.

Attachments

• 20160827_142858[1].jpg
    20160827_142858[1].jpg
    357.3 KB · Views: 96

Kitman

Full time elf
I did see some in an Aldi catalogue, not sure if any good or how big they were. Some Aldi stores may still have some.

Roosta

Full time elf
I checked out the aldi ones today and got pics.. Bit flimsy and cheap feeling in my opinion, but for $4.99 they are well priced..