New Member - Bayswater North, VIC

tjmiller84

New elf
Hi Everyone!

I have put up a few static lights before but I'm a complete novice to animated displays, this year will be my first attempt!

I've read the 101 manual (several times) and am slowly starting to pick up a few things. I'm lucky to have a Melbourne based member of this forum helping me along, but am sure I will have a million other questions!

Such an incredible resource you have here, I've been watching all the xLights tutorials on the youtube channel and just can't believe what a helpful leg up this forum has been.

I look forward to being part of your 'hobby' (lifestyle more like it, by the looks of things :D )

Regards, Tim.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Welcome to ACL Tim, great to have another Victorian on board!

Feel free to ask as many questions as you need, as often as you need, we're all here to help swap knowledge. Jump into chat too if you want some live feedback at anytime, there's always a handfull of people lurking around in there at any given time.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, lots of great help and information to get you on your way, but there is a steep learning curve but eventually if you stick at it then all the pieces will fall into place.
Most here have the CLAP which stands for Christmas Lighting Addiction Problem, so beware it can be infectious :D

battle79

Full time elf
Welcome to ACL.
If you ever need some help trouble shooting something, I'm in Chirnside Park. Also the guys from Advatek are in Croydon, and very helpful with troubleshooting any of their products.