Big W 2016 Lights

dw45

New elf
Well my local big w has started empyting the shelves for this years christmas stuff they've not brought them out yet but going by the chart the workers have up where to place things it looks like theres 250 lights, Blue, Colour, Pink,Purple & Clear fairy lights this year along with 200 and 600. Will get some photos when they go up in the next few days! ;)

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
could you guys wait a bit, still haven't bought me Halloween stuff yet :)

dw45

New elf
Inflatables
a1.jpg

Non Connectable 200 Sets Avb in Pink,Purple & Blue Length 15.92m
a2.jpg

Normal 200 Connectable Lights Length 15.92m Avb in Blue,Colour & Clear
a3.jpg

200 Connectable Icicle Lights Length 7.9m Avb Avb in Blue,Colour & Clear
a5.jpg

Ext Add Ons Length 7.92m
a4.jpg

dw45

New elf
250 Non Connectable Lights Lengh 21.9m Avb In Colour,Blue & Clear
a6.jpg

600 Non Connectable Lights Avb in Colour & Clear Lengh 29.9m
a7.jpg

uppitt

Apprentice elf
thanks for the update. There's no warm white strings? just the bright white?

dw45

New elf
uppitt said:
thanks for the update. There's no warm white strings? just the bright white?
Not to sure all the ones my bigw had where just white.

videoman3857

Full time elf
That comment is not 100 % accurate.
The nights will work with DC controllers - , but only 50 % of them will be operational.
You can run them on an ac circuit as it is alternating to illuminate all LED's, HOWEVER,
you will see "Flicker" as it is only switching @ 50 HZ

But yes, that controller http://www.hansonelectronics.com.au/product/dmx2- will be the solution to operating them effectively.
Got a felling I might be ordering quite a few of these for next year. Ran out of time for this year - and dang it all I started getting things ready in January

i13

Dedicated elf
True. Every second light will come on because only one channel will work with an ordinary DC controller.

An AC circuit would also work but a normal DC controller can't do that either. You could hook up an AC controller to do it but it flickers and still only behaves as a single channel. This is also a more expensive option than the DMX-2 which does let you control both channels.

Regardless of the control system, there will be some amount of flicker if both channels can be turned on. I don't know how noticeable it is with the DMX-12.

I really don't like these 2-wire light sets :mad: .

highlanddancer

New elf
Has any one purchased any of these lights as yet? wondering if they will connect to last years strings or not. I got stung last year when I purchased some hoping that they would work with the sets I got the previous year, but alias they didn't.

dw45

New elf
I have purchased some they have the same connector as last years so they may work, havent tried it yet tho.