Arduino Coding Help

mitlrpro

New elf
Hi All,

Is anyone able to provide some guidance on this...I'm wanting to combine two pieces of code (I don't even know if it's achievable).

CODE 1: Is a program to run a large LED scrolling message board using strips. That code is here:
https://github.com/bigjosh/MacroMarquee/tree/master/Arduino/MacroMarquee

The 2nd code can take the place of the countdown already present in the 1st code (Fireball Roll In)

CODE 2: Is a countdown timer that is programmed to display on an Arduino LCD. That code is here:
http://phys-webapps.csuchico.edu/~eayars/code/countdown.pde.html

I'll be using the Uno and assume I will need the real time clock add on for the unit.

Can anyone provide assistance?

Thankyou

livetoride

Full time elf
Its all about looping, So your saying when code one ends, You want it to trigger code 2? Is it a countdown to the show starts or something?

My knowledge is limited but I have a friend thats pretty good with Adrunio I just want to get an idea of whats happening.

also post up on forum.arduino.cc they will be able to help you out no worries.

cjd

New elf
It is achievable - but not simple.
Combining the two isn't too hard (put it all in one file, using the loop from the countdown sketch, then replacing the lcd.* calls with ones to SendChar and similar)
The hard bit is that the countdown sketch relies on some extra includes/libraries which don't work easily in the current arduino IDE.
It may be easier to start from scratch using the neopixel libraries to handle the matrix and the 'rtc' library to handle connecting to the real time clock addon (depending on which RTC you get)

mitlrpro

New elf
Thanks for all your replies...I think I've slightly changed the idea now and might keep this project for next years display.

Thanks