Same Universe Different IP

tuppetsdad

Funding & Tech Support
In my set up I have two DR4 E1.31 to DMX Interfaces. They have individual IP addresses and I am using Unicast. I have < 512 DMX addresses so would like to set them both for Universe 1 (1-512). Can you do this with XLights ?

Tuppetsdad 8)

multicast

Senior elf
tuppetsdad said:
In my set up I have two DR4 E1.31 to DMX Interfaces. They have individual IP addresses and I am using Unicast. I have < 512 DMX addresses so would like to set them both for Universe 1 (1-512). Can you do this with XLights ?

Tuppetsdad 8)

Dear TuppetsDad,

I am banging my head on the desk..

tuppetsdad

Funding & Tech Support
Thanks Keith issue is more that XLights auto numbers the X Lights mapping Channel and I have mapped all of them in the 1-512 range in the relevant XLight models. So if I add two DR4's as per 10.10.10.2 and 10.10.10.3 in attached pic then first one is 1-512 and the next 513- 1024. So do I need to re-address the models on the second DR4 or will they be OK.

(Andrew nice to see you are alive - how is your head)

Thanks
Tuppetsdad

Attachments

• XLights Capture.JPG
    XLights Capture.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 19

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
Surely using unicast means that that universe can only ever go to one device (IP address) ?

I have 2 x DR4 in my display and I use multicast for the outputs (universes) that I want mirrored.

keithsw1111

Senior elf
If you want to mirror on the two controllers then you have to use multicast. You can't map the same xlights channels to 2 controllers. What you can do is define 2 universe 1s and send them to different controllers with different data. It's all in how you ask the question.