ESPixelSticks

cjd

New elf
Kane said:
Has anyone looked at these for wearables?

It'd be pretty cool to have a hat covered in pixels that was part of the sequence...
I'm using a wifi pixelstick from smartalec for a t-shirt that is connected to the show. Runs off a usb battery pack and lasts for a long time :) https://youtu.be/Sh73bQI4wgI

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

danv

Full time elf
OK so a bit of progress....... Thought it was time to get a bit serious :)

Wixel v1.0 (50mm x 16mm PCB size, similar to ESPixelSticks, revised buck switcher and removed programming parts of the circuit, some other trivial changes, etc)

Wixel_3_D_Render_Top.png

Wixel_3_D_Render_Bottom.png

PixAmp v1.0 (40mm x 40mm PCB size, Basically lets any dumb element be driven anywhere in a string of 2811 pixels, high current capable too so people can go crazy with RGB floods, etc)

Pix_Amp_3_D_Render_Top.png

Pix_Amp_3_D_Render_Bottom.png

DMX-WiFi v1.0 (50mm x 16mm PCB size, Wireless E1.31 in, DMX out, further spec's TBA)

DMX_Wi_Fi_3_D_Render_Top.png

DMX_Wi_Fi_3_D_Render_Bottom.png

I may also be able to stock small, cheap, USB programmers for the ESP-01 modules too (more info to come later)

Now I just gotta wait for boards, components, modules, etc to arrive.

Should be a "fun" new year :)

JPB

Full time elf
I incorporated elf hats into my show this year using pixels and komby wifi. A bit of effort for one nights use at the lights turn on party but it was worth it. In the end i powered them from USB battery packs.

fb8bca7a3f1894544b871cd12edc7e86.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

marmalade

cats & pixels
been very busy dan! Those boards will come in handy next year indeed. The dmx one should be great for some moving head floods and spots.

Wolfie

Full time elf
Haha! Wearables? I got your ultimate wearable right here. Made this for my 12y granddaughter for Halloween:

Here is a video:
Halloween 2016 Disco Ball - YouTube

I am trying to convince her to wear it out in the cold for Christmas to hand out candy canes. It was 9f outside on my way to work this morning and expecting more than half a foot of snow tonight and maybe more by Saturday. She's not going for it :(

the grinch

I guess I could use a little social interaction
Yes wow very cool plus no chance of losing your granddaughter in the dark and also motorists can see well . Am certain wouldve created plenty of interest and comments

Bill Ellick

Full time elf
Wolfie, that is just too cool! You sure hit a homerun with that costume.

You could see about a set of heated thermals for her to wear although the battery pack might be a bit much to haul around! :D

Bill Ellick

Full time elf
danv,

Following your idea for the Wixel sticks and they look great!

I have 10 of Shelby's version 2 ESPixelSticks and they are really nice. Been playing with them, FPP, XLights, and things to learn some of the newer stuff and get some of my display converted to pixels as well.

danv

Full time elf
marmalade said:
been very busy dan! Those boards will come in handy next year indeed. The dmx one should be great for some moving head floods and spots.

Yeah it appears the PCB design bug bit me again :)

Cant wait for the boards to arrive so I can assemble some and start testing.

danv

Full time elf
beeiilll said:
danv,

Following your idea for the Wixel sticks and they look great!

I have 10 of Shelby's version 2 ESPixelSticks and they are really nice. Been playing with them, FPP, XLights, and things to learn some of the newer stuff and get some of my display converted to pixels as well.

Thanks mate. Yes it should be interesting to see what happens with these. I am keen to fire up a heap of them and run some tests to see if there are any lag issues etc when a large amount of them are integrated into a show.

danv

Full time elf
It has been also pointed out to me that people might be interested in say a 50W RGB LED upgrade kit to suit the cheap 50W white led floodlight housings?

ie. it would be a modified version of my PixAmp that houses the 50W RGB LED. Basically buy a 50W normal led flood and fit this "upgrade" to it? Converting a cheap 50W white LED floodlight to a 50W RGB Pixel (would appear as a WS2811 pixel in a string). Obviously with the original 240V AC mains cable kept and the addition of data in/out connectors on the rear of the casing.

Alternatively I could just do the above instead of making it DIY and then have the complete upgraded product ready for others?