Masters boxes now at Bunnings

DavidJ247

Full time elf
Spotted these in Bunnings today, the same box as the Masterplug branded ones which were so popular from Masters are now sold at Bunnings under the Click brand.
The good news - for those of us using the old Masters boxes it's good to have a source for these again.
The bad news - I could only see the 'outdoor power kit' version which includes a power board, extension lead and timer, at a price of $30 this could be a bit pricey if you only need the box.
[attachimg=1]

......sorry about the one ENORMOUS photo, not sure how I did that or how to fix it?!

Attachments

• IMG_0473.JPG
    IMG_0473.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 173
  • IMG_0474.JPG
    IMG_0474.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 102

Goliath

Full time elf
Bunnings have sold these for a least 2 years, although the packaging is a bit different. I have some from Bunnings, and some from Masters. I had a template for cutting ply to fit the base in 2015. In 2016 it didn't quite fit the Masters boxes. Either I lost the template, and picked up a dud cut, or they are slightly different. I have been far too idle to check.

DavidJ247

Full time elf
Goliath said:
Bunnings have sold these for a least 2 years, although the packaging is a bit different. I have some from Bunnings, and some from Masters. I had a template for cutting ply to fit the base in 2015. In 2016 it didn't quite fit the Masters boxes. Either I lost the template, and picked up a dud cut, or they are slightly different. I have been far too idle to check.
Good to know, I'd only ever seen them in Masters before now. Do you know if Bunnings also has the box only version?

DavidJ247

Full time elf
Yes I use a number of those Dri-Box ones for my 240V stuff, they're good. The small size suits 4-way power boards and the large fits 6-way. Jaycar seems a bit expensive, its been a few years since I've bought them but we used to pick them up in Christmas shops for around $15 and $20. Also saw these in one of the cheapy shops too recently, Reject shop or Cheap as Chips I think. Never had a drop of water in them over the years, but they always seem to attract bugs.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Those timers are absolute rubbish btw - 2 of mine randomly switch off then on again during the on cycle. Merely touching the dial causes it to switch on & off.

Goliath

Full time elf
Pretty sure I've bought box only ones from Bunnings, David. Guess you just have to be there at the right time.

franky_888

Full time elf
You know, I was so distraught that I wouldn't be able to buy these boxes again that I even emailed Masterplug to ask them where else I could get them... they never answered me!

Thanks, you've made my day!