Hi from Perth

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Welcome to hell. It's a slippery slope down now, and before you know it you will be talking DMX, Pixels, Falcon and Pi's... You are welcome back anytime :)

pyrolights

New elf
I can see its a slippery slope. Never realised that there were so many different ways of controlling the lights, and excitingly a lot of them are DIY.

I notice a lot of people in Australia seem to be using Falcon controllers. Is there a reason for this or just what people started with?

scamper

Dedicated elf
I started with J1sys, but then when I went to pixels I did the research and Falcon was bringing out new gear at the time and was right up to date as far as technology and price goes.

Ɠαяєтн

Mae gen i C.L.A.P ei heintus iawn
Hi Andrew,

Welcome to ACL and a fantastic hobby. I too am from Perth, in the northern suburbs.

Looking forward to catching up sometime. We are looking at holding a Perth Mini Expo (meet & greet + tech stuff), perhaps in July. https://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php/topic,9503.0.html

Regards,
Gareth

Binkles

Full time elf
I think I recognise the Fordys :)

Welcome along Pyro, I'm from Baldivis, and last year was my first year.

Definitely an expo, I currently use a j1sys, but as I'm setting up a show for my work this year, will likely be Falcon.

I'm debating whether to do my own show as well, as I'm not sure where we will be living at Christmas, and work has authorised the purchase of nearly 2500 lights to start with.