Singing Christmas trees

videoman3857

Full time elf
How difficult is it to program singing Christmas trees?
I have not attempted it and have no idea where to begin.

I have four trees that I purchased 2nd hand.
They are timber framed coro and use MytBrite LED lights for the outline and faces.

I have LOR sequence editor 4.3.14 Pro edition.

I have sound mixed a 3 minute lightshow that includes a short segment of the tress singing.

Any tips on sequencing, links to "How to" tutorials would be welcome
I would also be prepared to pay someone to do this short singing tree sequence for me.

videoman3857

Full time elf
Thanks bbayjohn

Just downloaded the programs.

I will take the time to watch the vids.

Like everything - it's daunting when you start and when you "get it", you wonder what the fuss was all about.

james morris

New elf
That would be JR the two of use do faces together we give them away free just look on the fourm under his or mine we are in Halloween mode now will start posting faces soon

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
That would be JR the two of use do faces together we give them away free just look on the fourm under his or mine we are in Halloween mode now will start posting faces soon

Hi @james morris . Do you sequence them up with LOR or do you use Xlights? If they are done with Xlights then anything that you are willing to share sequence wise would be welcomed here.

@videoman3857 to sequence up a singing tree song was taking me about 1 hr when I did it earlier this year with xlights. The more experienced you are the quicker it gets. Using the itsmebob papagayo tool is nowhere near as powerful or as easy as doing it with xlights. There are dozens of freely available to download LOR singing tree tracks though.

videoman3857

Full time elf
@AAH
Thanks. Yes I found JR on LOR forum and he sequenced 30 seconds of singing faces to a music mix I edited together.
So many people are saying to go over to xLights cause its easier and offers more than LOR SE.
Looks like I may have to take the plunge.

drakky

Senior elf
dont use xlight
it's quite easy in xlights actually , xlights almost does most of it for you
and sharing is a breeze as you only have to import the timing track , so if you have your faces set up already you can add singing faces to your sequence in a few minutes

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
xLights is very simple I've done a song for a single character in a night, more then happy to show you Videoman if you get stuck

Todd Furgason

New elf
Hello:

I was thinking of adding a RGB singing tree to my display this year with a DMX controller, does anyone have any advice on how to program, I'm using LOR pro 4.6.6 I was using super star but getting the channels correct is an issue, also finding a decent visualization to download is another issue, any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Todd

Gee Family Light Show

Emma- Light Em Up Sequences
I find xLights a lot easier to do lyric tracks on than LOR- its a lot simpler and less time consuming- but it also depends on the song you are doing. Some easy songs I can do it a few hours, other songs like Pentatonix can take me over 10hrs to properly do the acapella.