Information We CollectInformation You Provide
- Information provided at account creation, including your email address and username, is required to provided you with services associated to an account. A valid email address is necessary to send you password reset emails, plus other notifications in accordance with your alert preferences. We may cross-reference this information with external anti-spam databases to restrict spam on the site.
- If you sign in/register using a third party service, such as Facebook, then that service may provide us with your email address and name.
- Information you submit around the site, such as forum posts, attachments, media, profile information and your display location are displayed on the site. Information that you submit, except where explicitly stated, may be publicly displayed on the site and associated to your username. Conversations are visible to the conversation participants. They may also be accessed by an administrator/moderator if necessary, such as if a participant reports the conversation.
- Information about the requests you make, such as destination and referring URLs and query strings. This is used for troubleshooting purposes and to improve the site.
- Information about your browser, such as IP addresses and user agent strings.
- Location information, based on your IP address, may be used to personalise the site, such as by preselecting a timezone near you. This information may be cross-referenced with a local geolocation database to automatically display a country flag on your public site profile, member card, etc. Other site visitors may view your country flag, unless you turn this off through your account privacy settings.
- Information from cookies, such as the site account you are logged into, is used to personalise your site experience. See: Cookie Usage.
Sharing of Information
We do not sell, rent or exchange personal account information with third parties.
Limited information like IP and email addresses may be validated against external spam databases to restrict spam on the site, particularly for new accounts.
Google Analytics tracking information is used to better understand the kind of people who come to the Site and what content they’re reading. We do not keep track of where you personally visit on our Site, however, we do monitor how members use our Site on an anonymous, aggregated basis. This information helps us improve the Site's delivery of information.
Google Analytics records data such as:
- What website you came from to get here.
- How long you stay for.
- What kind of device you’re using.
You may opt out of Google Analytics by installing their opt-out browser plugin
Third Party ContentThis site may contain embedded content from other services, including YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook and Google Maps. We do not share data with these services, but they may collect additional information about you. The data that they collect is governed by their respective privacy policies.
We will not release your account information unless we are required by law to do so, such as by court order.
We do not intentionally collect data from children under 13 years of age. We require a date of birth (DOB) during registration and if the supplied DOB is younger than 13 years of age the registration will be denied.
Your birthday and age may be displayed in your profile depending on your account privacy settings.
Policy Changes and Acceptance