1st video of 2014

DrNeutron

Just starting in this crazy hobby
Ok, I'll be straight with you in the beginning.....the song is "what does the fox say"....
I know, I know......my ears are still bleeding from hearing it so much. I don't blame you for not watching.
This is my second year and 1st with a small number of pixels. I borrowed a lot of the ideas from other videos I have seen but all the animations were drawn by myself, my wife and my 12 year old using paint and some animations using HLS and nutcracker. We had a lot of fun doing it as we worked together to get it done and it was a huge hit this year.
Sorry for the poor quality video, only had a camera and had to shoot at dusk as the tree was too bright.
Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc0Ub_o-gWM

jcmarksafb

Hello from Christopher Creek Arizona
Very nice!! I'll admit it, that's the first "what does the fox say" sequence I've watched all the way through. Glad to hear the whole family was in on it. Very well done.
John

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Very well done. Loved the animations in the tree.... especially the dancing fox. Really nice to see something like that come together with all the family involved. It will be very special for your daughter too, not just because your house will be coolest in the street, but also because she can say...."I helped create that".

DrNeutron

Thanks for all the kind comments.
My 12 year old is over the moon about the display and takes great pride pointing out what pictures she drew for the tree.....I think I have a blinky fanatic in training...
;) :D :D

P.S. We even bought 4 shirts with Christmas lighting crew on the back.....

DrNeutron

Well had 3 great things happen over the past few days.....
1. We were written up in a local paper....Here is a pic from the paper with my 2 daughters.
Cape_breton_star.jpg
2. We received a Christmas card from a neighbor saying thanks.
Neighbor_thanks.jpg
3. My wife who works as a Personal care Worker and Recreation Programmer at a local Veterans/Seniors complex received flowers today from a family member of one of the residents she takes excellent care. She cried for almost 1/2 hour and has the "Grinch grin" from ear to ear. To her that was the best present anyone could ask for, recognition.
I guess as my Mom always said.......Good things come in threes.