2.8 Sequencer and Scheduler

cscool36

Full time elf
Just wondering if you modify or add to a sequence do you have to reload the file in the Scheduler.
Dose the scheduler find the file before it starts the show?

Thanks
Colin

cscool36

Full time elf
I have tried that tonight but I think that it didn't work. I will delete the show and add again.
Thanks

YAGOONA LIGHTS said:
you have to delete the sequence from the scheduler and then re add it

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
You dont even need to stop the show. Delete the sequence from the show, copy the new file over and add it to the sequence, save. If you have enough time before the sequence runs again (I do it just as the song finishes playing), the optimisation will occur before the song gets to be played again and the new song will slot in and play.

Done it a few times and it works well.

rmonty

New elf
cscool36 said:
Just wondering if you modify or add to a sequence do you have to reload the file in the Scheduler.
Dose the scheduler find the file before it starts the show?

Thanks
Colin

If the file is in the same location, the scheduler will automatically see that it is newer and re-optimize it when it is time to play it. Your show will pause when it starts the optimization.

Ryan

arw01

Full time elf
Hmm, I haven't observed that, but maybe the pc is looking at my local drive, and I always load the files from the network drive..

Alan

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
Quite possibly its looking in its default location. I have on njmerous occasions, whilst the scheduler was running, changed a sequence file for an updated one, and the changes were reflected after it was loaded properly. I just waitied for the current version to finish playing, then added it (thus giving plenty of time for optimisation)

dale82

Senior elf
I did the same thing as You Matt and I had no problems at all, Just give it long enough to optimize and all is good.