2015 ACL Card Swap

toodle_pipsky

Minister of Silly Walks
Well it looks like I can't hide . . . . ;) I wasn't sure if there would be interest this year but I guess there is. Hope it's ok with admins because here's the 2015 Card Swap!

So what’s a Christmas Card Swap? You submit your name and address, your details are then given to other people in the swap and you’re given 10 other names and addresses. You then send those 10 people a Christmas Card and you’ll also receive Christmas Cards from other people. Easy.

I haven’t kept any names from previous years, so if you would like to participate again you will have to resubmit your details. Cost is a pack of cards – this can be as cheap or as expensive as you like, there’s nothing wrong with a pack of $2 cards – and the cost of postage to some local and some international destinations. There is no guarantee on the final cost of postage - you could end up with a lot of international post, especially if there aren't a lot of participants from your neck of the woods. Hopefully your postal service offers discounted postage for seasonal mail.

To participate in the Card Swap PM me your NAME, SCREEN NAME (if you would like it included – if you don’t type your screen name it will not be revealed to other participants), POSTAL ADDRESS and EMAIL ADDRESS (so your list can be emailed to you – if you do not supply an email address, your list will be sent via PM). In the past people have included their spouse's name or specified "The Smith Family", this is quite alright to do. So if you would like cards addressed specifically to you and a partner or your family, please mention it in your PM.

I'll give it a week or so to collect names, so due date will be FRIDAY 11th DECEMBER and names will be handed out ASAP AFTER THAT. Names will not be kept and your details will be deleted at the end of December. Each year I get one or two people who swear black and blue they got their name in before the due date but I don't have a record of their PM. I won't be accepting any late comers it's just too hard to include. I always send a PM confirming I have received your details, if you don't receive a PM from me confirming receipt of your details within 2 days assume I didn't get your original PM and send it again. If I don't have you in my inbox or a confirmation PM in my sent items, sorry you missed the boat and you'll have to wait for next year.

If you'd like to send everyone on the list a card just let me know in your PM that you'd like the entire list. Be aware the list could be large depending on popularity.

Hope as many people as possible participate, it's becoming more popular each year – guaranteed to make you look windswept and interesting as you receive cards from across the world!!

Cheers,
Ingrid

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Mwuhahaha. We found you hiding among your Chrissie display trying to avoid us Ingrid :D
I'll be in again this year thanks.

scamper

Dedicated elf
I will be in again, last year I was and received 11 cards :)
(1 from someone else)

AAH

How are we going for numbers?
With US and Aus blinkyheads in the swap there's a time factor for crossing the Pacific.

toodle_pipsky

Minister of Silly Walks
Hi Guys,
Card swap is closed. Thanks to all who sent in names, I'll get those lists away today. :) Keep an eye out in your PM box or email.

Jamie

Lighting up the night.
Nothing received as yet :-\ . Thanks for organising this for us...

toodle_pipsky

Minister of Silly Walks
Sorry guys, got distracted. . . . I get that a lot lately.

All lists sent now, let me know if you didn't get yours. :) Happy blinky flashy to all!

AAH

Thanks for doing this again Ingrid.