Melbourne/Vic 2015 Melbourne meet and greet (8th August)

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Hi all
After the failed attempt at getting a full on mini organised it's been decided that a meet and greet is the go. This will be held at Gerrys place ( http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=6095 ) in Surrey Hills in Melbournes eastern suburbs on Saturday 8th of August 2015.
There will be no formal schedule but the plan is to talk about the main sequencers including LOR, LSP, Xlights 4 and Vixen 3. The controllers there will include Raspberry Pi's, Beaglebone Blacks, J1Sys controller, my controllers and probably others. Lights will include P10 panels, pixel nodes and strips and some fairy lights.
There will also be multimeters, soldering irons, crimpers, cable strippers and various other tools there.
1 of the guys with a 3D printer might bring 1 along and demo if they could (hint hint)
If you can make it and would like to turn up then post in here so we can get numbers. I'm sure Gerry will post some further info in here.

Thanks for the venue and organisation Gerry.

multicast

Senior elf
tuppetsdad said:
OK Jerry is nice and local so if I am in the country I will be there... 8)

hey, what do you know. Cheap Flights ( 187 Kiwi Pasos; Wellington --> Melbourne )... So i'll come and say hello.

ewanh

what goes here?
I'll check with the boss when she gets back at the end of the week, however I think i can make it.....

(thanks to AAH for the hint to look here ;-) )
Ewan

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
My boss said "I guess..." which isn't a No, so I'll say YES, I'll be there!!

gerry

Senior elf
multicast said:
tuppetsdad said:

hey, what do you know. Cheap Flights ( 187 Kiwi Pasos; Wellington --> Melbourne )... So i'll come and say hello.

That's great Andrew,

When you come , would you be okay to discuss network security for a show setup ?

As an example , I am planning this year to have a separate show network to the home network with wifi (separate thread) , but am puzzled as to why I should set it up that way and what it achieves or does not achieve (eg security , access points , multicast) . Hopefully by then , I will have the two Falcon players (PI and BBB) talking to each other via multi synch and the ability for people to have text (eg names) play on it in real time demonstrated , but I don't wish to be hacked in Dec if I can help it...

multicast

Senior elf
nzlongfellow said:
multicast said:
tuppetsdad said:

Who's that with? Best I can find is $503.

AirNZ.

gerry

Senior elf
hi All,

My wife is going to cook us some lunch . Is there anyone who does not eat meat ? Or cannot eat something specific , then please PM me.

Whilst folks are welcome at any time , perhaps 9 am for a 9.30 start ? We will of course wait for Alan.

Is there anyone attending who would be able to demo Vixen ?

Anyone else coming ?