Release 2016.48 xLights New "Tools,Check Sequence" function

smeighan

Dedicated elf
Release 2016.48
Keith has added new feature to check your setup and your sequence.
Everyone give it a try: "Tools,Check Sequence".
Will display channel overlaps, models set to unassigned but allocated to groups that are visible, files that are mentioned that dont exist and more.

Nice job!

Latest releases are found at www.xlights.org
Issue Tracker is found here: www.github.com/smeighan/xLights/issues

XLIGHTS/NUTCRACKER RELEASE NOTES:
---------------------------------
2016.48 Aug 29, 2016
-- enh (keithsw) Add sequence checker, "Tools,Check Sequence". This scans your Setup/Layout/Open sequence and highlights any
items that might cause issues or unexpected behaviour in xLights.
-- bug (dkulp) Fix WaveForm rendering beyond the end of the sequence
-- bug (dkulp) Add error check for faces effect with non-default buffer style
-- bug (dkulp) ColorWash needs to remove lower level defaults as well
-- bug (dkulp) Fix crash in SubModel dialog flipping notebook pages when no submodels defined
-- enh (gil) Add match duration effect alignment option. Fixes #670.

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
What a great idea.

downloaded, installed, tested; 0 errors 0 warnings

though I do have a very basic set up and sequence

buzzdude

Full time elf
Just noticed that whilst I selected a group and changed it to the default view from the drop down box, the group still showed in the unassigned view.

Wasn't until I exited xlights and re launched, that they showed in the correct preview.

Models disappeared\aligned to the correct preview straight away. Groups you have to exit for the change to take affect.

Gilrock

Full time elf
buzzdude said:
Just noticed that whilst I selected a group and changed it to the default view from the drop down box, the group still showed in the unassigned view.

Wasn't until I exited xlights and re launched, that they showed in the correct preview.

Models disappeared\aligned to the correct preview straight away. Groups you have to exit for the change to take affect.

In the future you should report issues on Github. I just happened to notice this comment and that's my code doing this. I can see why its happening because I specifically was preventing a full model list refresh when you made a change in the group panel because for one it was unselecting the group when you do a full refresh. I missed this side effect though. The thing is if I change it to do a full refresh when you change the preview assignment you know what that means right? It's going to yank it right out of your hand so to speak because the group will disappear from the Layout page as soon as you change the assignment.