Melbourne/Vic 2016 Melbourne Mini: PlugFest 14th-15th May

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Hopefully for 2016 we'll be able to get a full sized mini happening again as there's lots to see and do.
Probably the most important thing is we need a venue with as much of the following as possible
-availability for 2 days over a weekend in the May-June period. 9-5 type time period each day
-room for 20-30 people with a bunch of blinky gear. Lots of powerpoints and benches are a must
-preferably access to a projector and potentially a PA system
-free parking for 20-30 people
-preferably access to the internet for the purposes of streaming but not that important
-ideally a free venue to reduce the cost to the attendees

Once a venue is organised then a date will be next. The person who organises the venue doesn't need to worry about presenters etc as there are a number of people who can step up and do that.

davidt - 1
charltonmick - 1
muzzag50 - 1
tom82 - 1
AussieDoug - 1
BelSean21 - 1
BoonDogs - 1
abundy - 1
Roosta - 2
Ewan - 1
jb09 - 1
ruprect - 1
highlanddancer - 1
averagebloke - 1
burnt - 1
Live2ride-Daniel - 1
djgra79 - 1
buzzdude - 1
Rudolph - 2
Seemylights - 1
tuppetsdad - 1
AdamR - 1
battle79 - 1
damona - 1
DavidJ247 - 1
cdjazman - 1
AndrewA - 1
gerry - 1
diyer - 1
multicast - 1
Fing - 1
AAH - 1

livetoride

Full time elf
Re: 2016 Melbourne mini

I can always help host this I'm in ballarat, I have a 15mx7m shed with power, projecter, Internet I can get a sound system, plenty of room so if nothing becomes available the offer is there I know it's a bit of a travel but willing to help.The address is
Wiltshire lane, Delacombe, Victoria 3356

I've also got access to a hall that's got more than ample facilities with a projector, tables, tvs etc Internet may be the only thing not sure of the speeds but it's heated etc it's
Marty bush reserve, Ballarat, Victoria 3356

AAH

I could host 1 in my 18m x 9m shed in Bendigo and it'd be a few degrees warmer than Ballarat. I'm still hoping that someone in Melb will have a decent sized shed at work or home that could be used. Failing that a nice cheap community hall or similar.
Having it in my shed would mean I need to start cleaning it up right now. Wow is it a mess after piling my blinky stuff back in there.

ozstickman

New elf

Depending on when I may have to make it to a vic mini. The and one is scheduled for the weekend I'm on shift.

livetoride

Full time elf

How is it looking Alan, We might have to get a show of numbers or maybe even a date set then we can push for
a venue a bit more?

AAH

We need someone with a venue or someone down south to organise/have a venue. I'm 160km away with no real knowledge of Melbourne. It would suit me if the mini was on the north side of town somewhere close to the Calder to allow me to escape the ratrace quicker but I'm flexible.

For those who are new to the site you can see some of what happens at the minis on the ACL youtube page.

https://www.youtube.com/user/AusChristmasLighting

Brian linked me to http://www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/community/hubs-bookable-spaces/Pages/bookable-spaces.aspx but locals are better to have a gander at this.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf

It sounds like none of our members has their own space or access to a space that fits the requirements listed in first post, so perhaps we need to book a conference room at a hotel? This obviously means there will be an entry fee attached to the day but the more people attending, the less this cost per person is...
Is this the way we need to proceed?

livetoride

Full time elf

OK well ill also see what I can find out that Essendon airport west side of town and report back with a few options. I wont be able to check them out but someone local may be able to help.
If it turns out to be a good venue we should try and keep it, and maybe every few years rotate where its held around Melbourne to suit everyone.

livetoride

Full time elf

Ive asked a few questions Brian of some mates that live there and they will get back to me with some ideas so once i know ill let you know!

gerry

Senior elf

Hello all,

Depending on what day this is decided on (am away last week of May and first week of June) , I can again offer my home to host it if the numbers don't stack up with having another hall type venue.

multicast

Senior elf

Im not sure what my schedule will be this year, but its looking like i'm going to be busier than previously. I'd love to be able to come to the Mini, and if i do, i'll be happy to do a session called

" 12v is better than 5V, and Multicast is Evil; Christmas blinky myths Debunked "

bjpc2716

who dares win

today phone the venue it free on 14 and 15 may 2016 will confirm it dueing the week will more details there willbe a small fee