2D Tree Animations

cooper88

New elf
Hi All,

I have added a 2D tree to my display this year and have begun sequencing to avoid the rush that I was in last year!! I was wondering if anyone has any tips or animations for a 2D tree? I have been trying to use google images and filter by 'icon' sized images. These images, even though they are tiny still appear distorted or stretched on the tree. My tree is 4m high (120 pixels) and has 12 'branches'. Any advice, thoughts or anyone animations would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

DrNeutron

Just starting in this crazy hobby
The best way to display images on a tree or low resolution matrix is to make them yourself in the desired resolution.
A free program that also enabled frame by frame animation is Piskel (http://www.piskelapp.com/)
I used it quite a bit to make some pixel art for my 12 strip ray tree.

Habbosrus

Back again
DrNeutron said:
The best way to display images on a tree or low resolution matrix is to make them yourself in the desired resolution.
A free program that also enabled frame by frame animation is Piskel (http://www.piskelapp.com/)
I used it quite a bit to make some pixel art for my 12 strip ray tree.
+1 on that. Brilliant little program.

What kind of pics or animations are you after Cooper? Anything in particular? Happy to help if I can. I have a 2d tree 30 pixels x 12 strips.
The app that DrNeutron suggested is very easy to use and is great for low res matrix work.

Habbosrus

Back again
Hey Cooper try these. I made it in about 3 minutes in Piskel. Its a gif file of Santa dancing and the PNG files that made it. Very basic, but it will give you an idea of what you can do & how quick and easy it can be with a little practice.

Attachments

• Santa 12x40.gif
    Santa 12x40.gif
    6.6 KB · Views: 185
  • Santa 12x40.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 20