2nd Place this Year

Gilrock

Full time elf
Well I moved up to 2nd place this year after a 6th place finish in the neighborhood lighting contest last year. The contest is judged by HOA board members. Most people that come to my house can't believe I don't win and several think mine is the best in the city. One of the comments I get is they tell me about other houses that have more lights than me but they say its not as coordinated to the music like mine. I created a Facebook page for my display (see link below) and linked all my videos on it as well as a link at the top to the house that won the contest. The guy who won just graduated from High School last year so you gotta give a kid credit for being that dedicated to lighting. I actually didn't get video of everything that ended up on the house. After I shot these videos I added a large HolidayCoro Snowflake to the middle eave on the lower roof. I fixed the white icicles to all be the same color. I added color icicles on top of the white ones and they had a beautiful pastel color palette. And I outlined the garage and lower roof eaves with c6 cool blue leds. Next year I need to get a better method for capturing a video with better brightness settings.

https://www.facebook.com/CopperCreekLights

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Christmas displays are like a car, politics, food and so on, not everyone sees the same thing and personal preferences are all different, thats what makes us human. Im sure you should have won in the eyes of many

But you must be happy that you have moved up to 2nd place from 6th.

For me it was more an issue that the lighting was not traditional or something that the average home owner could do so it never got a showing in the competitions and to make things even harder the competitions are sponsored by Christmas decoration shops and a display that is made up of mainly things thats cant be bought from them is not a good advertisement for them.

Bird

LOR user
Congratulations on moving on up in the ranks.
Getting that kind of recognition is nice, but the best reward is smiles and comments from the folks that visit each year. ;)