3D Print STL File - BBB Mounting Plate

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
At the bottom of this post I will have the attached STL files to enable people with 3D FDM style printers to print their own copies.
Designs are for personal, non commercial use only. Links may be placed on other sites back to this thread.

The mounting plate is designed with mounting holes on the outside that line up with the captive nuts on the short panel brackets

I use Simplify3D as my slicer so the following may need to be varied based on your slicer, machine and filament.

I have printed these successfully in ABS using the basic settings of
Layer height: 0.2mm
Print Speed: 50mm/sec to 70mm/sec
Outline underspeed 90%
Infill: 10%
Otherwise use all your preferred slicer settings that give you accurately sized prints.[/SIZE][/FONT]

P5250005.jpg
Now the bbb mounting holes are slightly undersize for a M3 threaded bolt to ensure a good fit for the M3. I just use a M3x6mm one and thread the holes first using a cordless screwdriver/drill

Two attachments
First has 3mm mount holes, fine if your printer prints holes fractional small
the seconded has mount holes 2.8mm
P5250010.jpg

Attachments

• bbb_plate.zip
    54.5 KB · Views: 18
  • bbb_plate_2.8mm holes.stl.zip
    53.4 KB · Views: 12

Voltorb

New elf
I found the BBB Mounting holes were too large. They lined up perfectly, but the M3 screws didn't bite at all. I just filled them with extruded Plastic, and drilled.

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
Voltorb (John) said:
I found the BBB Mounting holes were too large. They lined up perfectly, but the M3 screws didn't bite at all. I just filled them with extruded Plastic, and drilled.

Hi John,

Oops, i tend to subconsciously know my printer tends to print holes .2mm smaller in diameter.

I've attached one with 2.8mm mount holes to this reply

Attachments

• bbb_plate_2.8mm holes.stl.zip
    53.4 KB · Views: 11