401 Unauthorized. Password Required

nato595

Let's do this!
I get the message:
"401 Unauthorized. Password Required"
when I try to click certain functions (Effect Config, Reboot Master, etc.) on an ECG-P2 when logged in through a browser. I've tried clearing my IE stored passwords, cookies, internet history, and I always keep getting the same message but never being prompted to actually enter the username/password.
FYI - I never changed the default username/password either.
I've been able to log into it many times before, just all of a sudden this started happening.
Thanks in advance!

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
The old default for J1SYS gear used to be user: admin , password: EthConGwy but later units were the same user but a blank password.

nato595

Let's do this!
I have the version with the blank password, but my problem is that it isn't even asking me to log in or asking for a password. It simply says Password Required each time.

buzzdude

Full time elf
1. Turn the P2 off, and try and connect via the browser making sure that you get an unsuccessful connection message.

2. Close your browser... all tabs.

3. Turn on the P2

4. Open your browser and see if it then asks for your credentials.

I had similar problem with my P8 after i preformed a couple of consecutive changes and reboots... but I have a password set. The problem when away after I did the above...

nato595

Let's do this!
BuzzDude, I tried your steps and step #1 worked as expected, but when I powered it back on and tried to connect again, I again was not asked for a password and just just given the same error 401 that a PW is required.
I tried with Firefox and everything worked as expected; I was able to connect, was asked for login/password, and was able to login perfectly fine. I'm guessing this means the issue is with my Internet Explorer. I again cleared all cookies, history, stored passwords, offline pages, etc., but it still acts the same.
Oh well, at least I have FireFox as a way to work.
I may still email Ed and get his thoughts anyway...

Thanks!

robertt

New elf
Is there any anti-virus software installed?
If so, try to disable it, maybe that helps....

Greetings, robert