5L Glycerine - Used to make smoke machine fluid

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
Hi Everyone.
I recently purchased 5L of Glycerine, to make smoke machine fluid.

1L of Glycerine to 4L of Distilled water, makes a nice smoke..
1.5L of Glyo to 4L water = thicker smoke

Would you believe there on special at the moment due to the Expiry Date being Jan next year
$39.99 with free postage

https://ozdingo.com.au/products/5l-glycerine-refined-usp

With the amount of smoke fluid i went through due to smoke bubbles was insain last year

P.s. I also got told from a lady that does big bubbles for events, that she uses "Fairy" brand dish liquid, as the bobbles don't pop as easily

Hope them Tips Help for the search..
Sorry i late posting for people doing halloween..

bpratt

Senior elf
I'm looking at getting a fobble machine for this year, so was wondering if there's any issue with out of date glycerine for smoke/fobble machines ?

Kinda thinking grabbing a couple of them if there's no issue with it being out of date.

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
Glycerine is a food product.. (but from what i read has a long shelf life if kept at least 50% concentrated)
I have read made fluid can grow mould after the expiry date but then they said a couple of drops of iso in it stops it growing.
I have found another place that sells it https://vegetableglycerine.com.au/products/vegetable-glycerine-vg?variant=30998822846522 but is $10 more an $30 postage to me.
All this is new to me this year, after researching a lot of the Americans on youtube doing it.
I also herd you can use flavoured vape concentrate to add a smell to it (will try it out soon)
I hope that helps

Domestos

Apprentice elf
Thanks @SmartAlecLights. Just bought two of those, and also got another handy 30% discount as a first time buyer. Anybody else interested you could possible use this code "WELCOME30%OFF". (Admin remove if not allowed). I would only have bought 1, but with the extra 30% off, I bought 2. $56 for 10L of this stuff is gonna make some nice "thick" smoke