5V WS2811 bulbs have random animation when connected to falcon.

cspurgeon2010

New elf
This is a little complicated so bare with me,
Currently I am running all of my lights with 12V so my falcon is all 12V. My friend gave me some 5V WS2811 bulbs and I ran the data from them to the falcon and ran the V+ and V- separately to a 5V 60A power supply. When I connect them the lights instantly turn on and have a random animation with all the lights flickering to different colors. I tried changing them but they will not respond using the controller. What are the possible solutions to this?

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
This is a little complicated so bare with me,
Currently I am running all of my lights with 12V so my falcon is all 12V. My friend gave me some 5V WS2811 bulbs and I ran the data from them to the falcon and ran the V+ and V- separately to a 5V 60A power supply. When I connect them the lights instantly turn on and have a random animation with all the lights flickering to different colors. I tried changing them but they will not respond using the controller. What are the possible solutions to this?
Did you run Data and Gnd from the controller? you need both. you can then Power inject the 5v at Pixel 1

Cheers
Phil

algerdes

Al Gerdes
Like Phil says, run your ground/negative to both the controller and the power. Complete circuit for both of the functions of the wire.