A CURLY ONE

livetoride

Full time elf
Hi guys, I think i might have a curly one. I have a j1sys p12s controller which runs fine, Ive also got 4 strings of ws2801 and 6 strings of ws2801. Now all of these elements test fine using Da -E131 and also with the onboard testing from the controller.

Where my issue lies is when i go to run a sequence, Now when I setup my controller to run the WS2811 strips using the settings of WS2801 and speed of 700 to 2000 the first 20 pixels lock up and that's all they do. But when I change the settings to WS2811 and a speed of 3500 they work perfectly - What could be this issue?

Also on my mini trees that are WS2811 I cant seem to get them to work from the sequencer, they test fine as stated from above using J1sys board and DA-E131 test sequences they only run half the nodes and that's it. Here is some screen shots of my settings. Dale was kind enough to have a look over it all for me but couldn't come up with anything! Thanks for your Help in advance.

Attachments

• booo.jpg
    booo.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 18

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
2801 will run at pretty near any speed but 2811 needs to be in the 3000-3500 range.
Sequencers etc vary a lot in how they configure the universes and channels but to me that e1.31 configuration wizard screen seems to suggest to me that you aren't configuring universe 2 to start at 1 but actually at 160.
What I'd suggest doing is doing a slow single channel chase through everything so that you can see the supposed channel and actual channel in the sequencer as it happens and then you may be able to find the cause of the problem.

dale82

Senior elf
Hi mate, I'm wondering if in LSP if you clear the image that you have drawn and redraw it and make sure that you have the correct channels eg. Arch 1 is from channel 1-160. Because if it works in DA 1.31 it should work. Even just create a new sequence and redraw it. Let us know how you go

B_P_J

Full time elf
Just a quick thought, why are the Universes starting at 160? isn't it 170? (per universe)
How many Mini Trees? and how long/many is the strip/nodes i found i had issues if i didn't inject power every tree so sorting that out this weekend, more cable running, lol