A great new competition for lighting fanatics

tonys

New elf
Announcing our great new competition for lighting fanatics …

It is FREE to enter and open to residential festive display owners around the world.
All you need to do is create a sequence of The Lights of Christmas sung by Kerrie Ironside for your display this year, then send through a video clip, along with your contact details, to the song’s facebook page by the 12 December 2020. Entries will be judged on originality and overall impact of your sequence’s design.

There is a $1,000 Boscoyo gift certificate for the winner, a $350 gift certificate for the runner-up and a $200 gift certificate for third place. In addition, all entries will go into a random draw for a $500 Boscoyo gift certificate, which means even those people who prefer to use a pre-made sequence of the song can still win a great prize.

A note for Aussie and Kiwi designers – these prizes are in US dollars, so a favourable exchange rate will obviously help boost things. Also, the Boscoyo gift certificates can be substituted with equivalent value local Extreme Lighting Displays vouchers if you prefer.

That legend of lighting, Mr Jeff Lacey from Canispater Christmas, has kindly agreed to help us out with the final judging.

Check out the flyer below for more details and GET CREATIVE …

Competition flyer.jpg

Cranzy

Full time elf
Great competition Tony. I bought the song beginning of January and look forward to hopefully put on a good show with it end of this year.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Brilliant Tony. Any chance of adding in a direct link to the song?

Dreamin

Full time elf
If anyone is looking for the lyrics, found them here too. :)

Reactions: AAH

tonys

New elf
Thanks guys, that is indeed the facebook page and lyrics.
I have had an enquiry about whether Aust and NZ winners would have the choice between a Boscoyo gift certificate and a Extreme Lighting Displays certificate. The answer is yes. If you have a really good reason for wanting a Myer or David Jones voucher instead, I could probably even look at that. But I'm guessing you are already very well-dressed in the latest fashions.

tonys

New elf
Just a quick question for those Canadians out there. Raising awareness of the competition with Aussies/Kiwis, Americans and Brits has been pretty straightforward because of the highly organised and dedicated local groups and forums in those jurisdictions. However, the situation in Canada seems to be much more mysterious. Are there any lighting forums/groups specifically for Canadians? Or do you folks just join in the existing forums/groups/minis in other countries? Many thanks if you can shed some light on this (no pun intended).