ACL 3d printed bubble machines?

darylc

404 darylc not found
Bubbles are by far the most popular thing in my display. The 'fobble' machines I've been using to date are super unreliable for the price https://djcity.com.au/product/beamz-sb2000-led-smoke-bubble-machine/ I've had 2 die, one that just churns up a mess in it's tank so far, and one that is working well so far.

I was thinking, they are pretty simple, and it should be doable to 3d print them, add a motor and a fan etc

I've been toying with the idea of designing & making my own, so I could have more, smaller units, safer (low voltage), perhaps with auto bubble liquid refilling and maybe an option to plumb a smoke machine into the back of them to do the smoke filled bubbles. Make a nice modular stackable unit.

There are some 3d designs floating around, not sure how relevant they might end up being

Does anyone have any interest in working on such a project? 3d design, prototyping, testing etc?

Daryl

Pavle

Rank updated… 2 season veteran
Happy to support where I can @darylc
I’ve got my own printer, but also access to a couple of options at work including a resin printer (commercial sized unit).

from a design / cad perspective, I don’t know much, but I can validate and get some assistance via colleagues who use it for their job. I work in manufacturing.

thewanderingpine

Full time elf
I've got a 3d printer and would be interested in testing at least. I'm not sure my design skills are really up to scratch for it.

drakky

Senior elf
Happy to help out where I can , I have a 3d printer not a lot of skills in design though

Dreamin

Full time elf
Happy to help, have 2 3D printers, and some Fusion 360 experience (although I'm just about to move over to FreeCAD). Looks like a great project. I thought about adding bubbles but the units people have seem to stop working so I was thinking along the same lines. :)

Jarrad33

150k of Pixels for 2023
These were massive at my display too. Happy to help with this project. I dont know how much help ill be ( still working on my 3D printer to get it working right)

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
If the tin was baked beans we'd have 2 sources of wind for the bubbles