ACL Coffee Mugs

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
Hi everyone,

After quite a lot of discussions in Chat I got on with it and ordered some Coffee Mugs from Vistaprint to check out the quality including some basic Microwave and Dishwasher tests. Now my dishwasher doesn't get used a lot but I can it least test that the printing doesn't wash of straight away.

Here's the design ordered
mugv1 ordered.jpg

I am also working on a basic CLAP free design for the CLAP adverse members. I'll post that one up for comment in the next couple days.

Pricing?
Now this may get tricky. If I can order these during promotion specials windows then the cost will be expected to be in the $12 to $15 dollar price area depending on the special, freight on the larger quantities being unknown.
If they are ordered at normal pricing they will be around $23.

Thanks to Ryan, I am also looking now at using Zazzle to provide the ability for people to order directly, pricing to be adviced.

Cheers
Phil

Benslights

Dedicated elf
Global moderator
looks good Phil. look forward to hearing more about the quality when you get them.

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
not the biggest fan of the outline text there, and the QR code that you or ryan posted in the chat last night with the colour fading in the background i preferred. I am still very interested in one. I love my coffee.

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
Hi All,

Apart from the design above I have set up Zazzle Store that has Aus, US and UK presence with local currencies for direct ordering of various designs.

Zazzle gives a 10% commission to the store for every sale and that will be directly funneled into the ACL support funds.

AUS store - link removed for now

USA Store - link removed for now

UK Store - link removed for now

Cheers
Phil

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
Thanks Bird,

I'm also liking the country specific store fronts with localised pricing.

I will be looking at some more generic designs.

Cheers
Phil

Bevo

Let your Light Shine before men
Great idea Aussie Phil,

I love it. ;)

Is there any chance that you are going to set up the same thing for the ACL shirts?

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
Some photo's of my Zazzle delivery

They came up pretty well.

P5121971sm.jpg
P5121972sm.jpg
P5121973sm.jpg

Now a couple notes.

The QR Codes do scan though the ones on the white mugs have greater colour and are a little harder.

The printing looks to be really good, haven't yet put one through the dishwasher but have used both mugs now for coffee.

The printing on the frosted mug is not spot on were the rgb line on the bottom goes towards the handle at the blue end... not enough to complain about though.

The Aussie map doesn't work well on the frosted mug, needs to be darker around the coast line (hint hint ryan)

I find the "light" font hard to read but it does look sort of trick

anyway that me feeling under the weather and critical.

Cheers
Phil