2022 AusChristmasLighting Around the World sequence (ACLATW) - Down Under

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Well the votes are in over on Facebook and the people have decided that Down Under would be the song of choice to do our ACL version of XLATW.
1668458459541.png
Whilst I helped create this thread and poll on FB and may end up submitting a video, I have zero time to actually create this sequence, let alone any new ones for my own display this year.
So this is a call out for any volunteers to put their hand up and give this sequence a go for our community for free. Doesn't need to be super duper 10 layers deep masterpiece, but also not all full house butterfly every 30 secs :D
Please comment below if you'd like to assist and we'll keep this thread open for video submissions and comments once the sequence is created and shared.

Rodney766

New elf
This is a great idea. Unfortunately, this is only my second year using XLights and RGB pixels and I don't have the skills to create the sequence from scratch but I would love to add it to my display.

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
AusChristmasLighting around the world sequence submission.
I'm organising the video compilation.

Video due: 20th December 2022 at 11:59PM Sydney time.
  1. Sequence is avaliable from Zuseleets's post on ACL: https://auschristmaslighting.com/.../xlights.../post-128828 (Zus bet me to it...)
  2. Please record your video in landscape and have the audio heard in the background somewhat. Doesn't need to be clear audio.
  3. Upload your video as unlisted or public to Youtube and then submit the link here: https://forms.gle/WxpvuXWikktpQ69L6

The Google form asks for your first name and AusChristmasLighting username, then your location and then submit the Youtube link.

You can edit your response if needed.
(This is why Google will ask you to sign in first, I am not collecting emails.)

If you do not have a Google account to submit in this form, please private message me on here.

Any questions/issues (like above), leave a message in this thread or private message me here on AusChristmasLighting: auschristmaslighting.com/conversations/add=Mark_M

djgra79

Global moderator
Generous elf
Thanks Mark for taking the reins on this one. Looking forward to seeing everyone's displays come together.

djgra79

Global moderator
Generous elf
Massive thanks to @Mark_M for pulling together the video submissions. The final result goes live this evening at 7.30pm AEDT for your viewing pleasure over on the AusChristmasLighting YouTube page (what, you haven't subscribed yet? You probably should ;) )

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op2Elc_iWYc

This is just another one of those projects that shows the strength of this community with multiple people pitching in to create something unique, so thanks everyone for your contribution.

Adam V

Apprentice elf
You guys did amazing edit/job! Congrats to all who entered. Couldn’t believe my eyes when I see ours first up in full screen 😁🎉🎄.

Adsy

Full time elf
Great job to everyone involved. It was very interesting to see the variety, I'm sure you have all
attracted a lot of watchers all over the country 👍 👍