ACL's first give away…

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
ACL's first give away…

ACL has one Pickit 3 Clone to give away.

The competition will run for two weeks, until the Sat 9pm 17th July. (Australian Eastern Time)

All Forum Members are welcome to enter. ACL will cover shipping regardless of were you live. Well maybe not off-planet!

All you have to do to be in the running to win this is tell us what you would use a PIC programmer for.

We want to hear your original, out of the box ideas, not "I want to program my current project".

So tell us your ideas, even if you have never programmed a PIC before the guys at ACL will be more than happy to help with your new project.

Judging Rules.

The winning entry will be the one that is both original and can be a project for other members to build.

The decision will be made by the current administrators of ACL and the decision will be final.

Whilst this idea is already taken, the simple addition of a PIC to the Strobe was an original idea, so throw the thinking caps on.

cheers from the
ACL TEAM

rmonty

New elf
Well, I figure with the 100 little strobe PCBs and multiple other ones coming up, my little PICkit2 programmer is going to get really tired and need help or is going to give up and refuse to do it. So if he had a Mrs. (a.k.a. PICKit3) to help, the Mrs. could clean house (a.k.a program) and take care of the little ones (a.k.a stobe PCBs) for him (a.k.a. PICkit2) and let him relax and take it easy. Pretty soon he will not be able to help anyway as the Mrs. speaks Spanish and the new maid that is coming (a.k.a. 32-bit PIC) will only communicate with her. So the Mr. will be able to take it really easy and go catch a couple rounds of golf and only program for the fun of it later, maybe for a diy hobby or something.

Ryan

cenote

Suburbs of Philadelphia
OK, I am not going to let Ryan be the only entry :p

So, what would I use the Pic burner for...

First, Have had it simmering on back burner, my dripping icicles. These, would not be the fancy RGB ones that some are playing with. I want a simple to build, simple to construct string if LED icicles, controlled by a pic, not channels. What allow user to select pre-programmed sequences via a push button, much like the rainbow runners.

Also, a pic might be able to control my RGB flood, so a user could just select a color and pattern with out plugging into a control board.

And finally, it would give me a reason to pick on Andy for having something else he does not :D

Oh, and of coarse I could program a lot, and I mean a LOT of strobe's :)

DanoNJ

Full time elf
I would love to be able to give back to all my friends that I have met on a variety of Christmas forums that have given their time and talent, without looking for something in return.

kool-lites

Full time elf
Why would I want a Pickit kit? Now that is a good question? Why?
let's assume I know what a PIC Kit is. ( I don't but I can guess)

AVRs meet all my needs.
I could say "AVRs are better than PICs"
I coulds also mention "AVRs have more functions built in"
I could also say "The Ugly PIC company tried to Buy Atmel, just to shut them down, therefore only.........."
I am sure you know a lot more than I care to mention.

But I won't say all that. 'Cause when it all boils down to life, who really gives a Rats Doodle Berry?

I know my way around AVRs. I know squat all about PICs. So maybe the world would be a better place if I didn't have so many blinkers.

mschell

Full time elf
Why would I need a PICkit 3?

Well, to complete my stable of programmers. I have a PICkit 2, and an AVR programmer from SparkFun. To work with the newer MicroChip chips, I need a PICkit 3.

Of course, we won't mention the possible Propeller chip, or the older Submarine chip, or even the Bathosphere original. I won't be telling my age if I remember trying to program the Intel 4004 chip in college, would I? Heck, I even remember using the basic TTL logic chips (7400 series) for a early project...

Oh, and I love Phil's garden lights, and his Tiger xx controllers, and his Christmas display, and Tabor's design skills, and anything else I need to say to win this giveaway..... :)

Mark

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
Hi to everyone

What with the quality of entries this had to be one of the hardest competitions to judge and took longer than an episode of Masterchef to decide.

So lets uncork the further creative juices in.....

................cenote....................

Congratulations.

May the creative force be with you.

Looking forward to seeing some pic controlled dripping icicles.

Cheers
The Admin Team

cenote

Suburbs of Philadelphia
WOW....words can't describe the feeling of checking email at 5 in the morning and seeing that I won. THANKYOU
Will try and and not let you all down.

Thanks again, AUSSIES ARE THE BEST!