Advance text(sentence) with timing event - VU Meter

cdjazman

Full time elf
Hello all,

I have been searching and cant find a solution.

I would like to advance some text (lets say Merry Christmas Everyone) to use as an example.

I want to be able to advance each word on a timing mark. The same way you can advance a colour on a timing event with VU meter.

Is this possible?

darylc

404 darylc not found
Why not just put a text effect for each word at the particular timing mark you want it to appear?

cdjazman

Full time elf
Why not just put a text effect for each word at the particular timing mark you want it to appear?

Yes that is how I have done it - just wondering if there was a "better" way of doing it.

So you could have say the first verse of a song and not have to mark out every word..................

darylc

404 darylc not found
Well you were talking about 3 words previously now you're taking about the lyrics to a song, pretty different question!

cdjazman

Full time elf
Well you were talking about 3 words previously now you're taking about the lyrics to a song, pretty different question!

Same question is relative to the timing event whether it it 3 words or 100 words really..... :)

Kitman

Full time elf
I believe that in Vixen you can add lyrics to the timing track and then put the timing marks in so that they trigger the words at the right time.

I am not 100% sure as I haven't played with the lyric side of the lights but I remember some video showing it being done.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
if I have multiple text words/lines to display on matrix, I just layer them and adjust x/y position manually. Again it's doable, but a simpler solution would be great.
That said, using buffers (split in to half etc) could also assist