Advatek control wont sync

joemvela

New elf
Hello everyone, I was wondering if someone could help me out. Im as new as they come, I recently purchased the Advatek 16 plug and play, I plugged it into the back of the computer and via cat5 Ethernet cable, when I open the advatek program it wont display the controller. When I open the Ethernet and properties it shows the it is recognizing the controller. any advice as to how to transfer it to the program so I can start using it.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Some more info is required as to what programs you are using and there is also 2 plug and play options I believe. The pixlite is an E1.31 to pixel controller which hooks up to your ethernet network and the vortex is a dc dimmer which requires hooking up to a source of dmx like a usb dongle or E1.31 to dmx bridge.

Devo

Apprentice elf
Hi,

I will assume you are using a PixLite Plug and Play (not Vortex).

Are you using a router or setting a static IP?

If you are using a router then the PixLite controller should automatically be assigned an IP by the router and will be immediately visible in the utility.

If not using a router, the controller will default to 192.168.0.50 and you will need to set your NIC IP address in that same range in order to see it in the utility (eg. 192.168.0.10). You can also force the controller to be at 192.168.0.50 at any time by holding down the Factory IP button for a few seconds on power-up.

Network setup info can be viewed in the user manual on p12-13.
http://www.advateklights.com/resources/download-info/pixlite-16-user-manual/

If you still can't get it working open a support ticket here http://www.advateklights.com/support/ and we will walk you through it.

joemvela

New elf
The PixLite16 controller supports input protocols via an ethernet connection and displays RGB color lighting on our range of pixel strings and strips.
It supports the following protocols:
-sACN (E1.31)
-Art-net
It can handle up to 32 universes of Multicast/Unicast E1.31 or Art-net data and drives up to 340 pixel nodes per individual output.

I didn't know which one, so I just cut and paste the one I got.

joemvela

New elf
I gone to properties and typed in the default one but nothing has changed

Devo

Apprentice elf
169.254.x.x is address your PC uses if it can't get an IP from a router. It's a sure sign of a network issue.

Are you using a router or plugging the controller directly into the PC?

If no router then you need to set your PC NIC settings to something in the range of 192.168.0.x (where x equals any number between 0-255 except 50) and your subnet to 255.255.255.0 in order to see the controller in the utility.

This is all discussed in the manual on p12-13 so have a read through that first if you are still unclear.

mararunr

Here to learn! (and share)
3505 NW Edgewood Ave, Bentonville Arkansas, USA
Copied this from the manual...believe you need to connect it to a router versus you PC, otherwise open the case and switch standard ethernet cable for a crossover ethernet cable (I have two pixlite boards and had this same issue until I plugged into router)...

In smaller installations it may be preferable to connect the controller directly to the host machine’s
network adapter using a crossover network cable.