Advatek Pixel Ghosting

magish01

New elf
I have a Pixlite MKII. Using Ray Wu WS2811 12v pixel nodes. I have 120 pixels per mini tree. 1 mini tree per universe. On all 8 universes, the first pixel stays on/flickers red. Any ides what may be causing this and how to fix it. New to RGB. Happens when using the Advatek Assistant and when running through LOR. Thank you.

i13

Dedicated elf
Recheck that the power supply is not outputting any more than 12V. I suspect this isn't the problem because it's only the first pixel coming on but it would be worth checking.

CaptainMurdoch

Apprentice elf
If it is only fainty on when it should be off, you might try lowering the coltage to 11.8v and see if it goes away. There have been quite a few pixels last year and this as well that display a faint tinge of red when driven over 11.8v or so.

magish01

New elf
I will try lowering the voltage. Pixel is on about 50%. Also, when I am running the sequence, the red stays on, does not change with the rest of the string.

magish01

New elf
Lowered the voltage. Did not help. Waiting to hear back from Advatek to see if they have any ideas.

magish01

New elf
Upgraded the firmware, reset the network, spit into the back of the controller.......IT NOW WORKS without the pixels ghosting. Show starts tomorrow!