advise please

Discussion in 'The Family Room' started by averagebloke, Dec 3, 2016.

  1. averagebloke

    averagebloke New Elf

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2016
    Messages:
    33
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    melbourne
    Hi All
    After almost 12 months of working on my display I finally have my first ever light show up. I am real happy really please the grandkids and neighbours love it BUT I have an issue. The main item is a 5 meter long matrix that I have running off a new Advatek pixlite 16 plug and play and Advatek lights. Love the plug and play and will be buying more for next year.


    The problem I have is that 95% of the matrix is working fine while the other 5% is out of whack. It is obviously a programming problem,


    attached are snips off the xlights setup.


    I am very happy with what I have done have it up and running but its not quite right
    Any suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated
    cheers
     

    Attached Files:

  2. OzAz

    OzAz Full Time Elf

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2015
    Messages:
    292
    Likes Received:
    26
    Location:
    Newcastle
    if you are only running the 16 x 50 pixels from the pixlite then in layout the number of channels for each universe should be only 150. (i think, i'm no expert)
     
  3. OP
    OP
    averagebloke

    averagebloke New Elf

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2016
    Messages:
    33
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    melbourne
    Did that made it worse.
    One complete channel not working and am going to replace it as Advatek said it might be a faulty string. Would that cause the problem for the rest of the channels
    cheers
    Terry
     
  4. JPB

    JPB Full Time Elf

    Joined:
    May 13, 2010
    Messages:
    304
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Glenwood
    That could cause any pixels down stream on that output to play up.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
     
  5. JPB

    JPB Full Time Elf

    Joined:
    May 13, 2010
    Messages:
    304
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Glenwood
    I dont use xlights or have a pixlight 16 so i cant help with specifics but give more information about what is going wrong.
    How many vertical or horizontal rows is your matrix and how many pixels is each row?
    At what point in the matrix does the problem start and where does the problem finish

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
     

Share This Page