advise please

averagebloke

New elf
Hi All
After almost 12 months of working on my display I finally have my first ever light show up. I am real happy really please the grandkids and neighbours love it BUT I have an issue. The main item is a 5 meter long matrix that I have running off a new Advatek pixlite 16 plug and play and Advatek lights. Love the plug and play and will be buying more for next year.

The problem I have is that 95% of the matrix is working fine while the other 5% is out of whack. It is obviously a programming problem,

attached are snips off the xlights setup.

I am very happy with what I have done have it up and running but its not quite right
Any suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated
cheers

Attachments

• capture 1.PNG
    capture 1.PNG
    35.3 KB · Views: 30
  • xligts layout.PNG
    xligts layout.PNG
    80.8 KB · Views: 35

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
if you are only running the 16 x 50 pixels from the pixlite then in layout the number of channels for each universe should be only 150. (i think, i'm no expert)

averagebloke

New elf
Did that made it worse.
One complete channel not working and am going to replace it as Advatek said it might be a faulty string. Would that cause the problem for the rest of the channels
cheers
Terry

JPB

Full time elf
That could cause any pixels down stream on that output to play up.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

JPB

Full time elf
I dont use xlights or have a pixlight 16 so i cant help with specifics but give more information about what is going wrong.
How many vertical or horizontal rows is your matrix and how many pixels is each row?
At what point in the matrix does the problem start and where does the problem finish

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk