Ali Express Issue

Emersonlights

New elf
Hi all

I have come across an issue ordering lights from Ray. I placed and order and my money was taken from my card. however 24 hrs later i have been informed my order has been cancelled for security reason though they cant tell me what that is. However my money has not been refunded and im not sure why.

I am going to contact my bank in the morning however this has now made me wary of ordering from ray. This is my second order first one has no issues.

Benslights

Dedicated elf
I talk to him in chat on ali express then ask him to email me a invoice and paypal details. I have spent a lot of money with him and not had a issue and I mean alot

Roosta

Full time elf
Hey mate,

Sorry to hear your experiece.. I have purchased a few times from Ray via AliExpress payment method and not ever had an issue, however I did have to authorise the payment with my bank due to it being processed overseas and it registered with my bank as a 'unusual' purchase compared to my 'normal' purchases.

Cheers..

the grinch

I guess I could use a little social interaction
Never had money issues we have had wrong items sent and very late arrival due to misplaced order but all has been resolved easily hope all works out for you

Emersonlights

New elf
Quick update chatted with ray or someone that works for him and he is sending me an invoice to pay direct via paypal. He has been very helpful.

averagebloke

New elf
This is not unusual with Ali Express. It can occur on large amounts or when you purchase multiple pieces. Problem is one it happens it will happen over and over if you use the same card. It can take up to 5 business days for the money to return to your account. It always does though. It is very very frustrating. If you can buy direct through pay pay is better just check reviews. Remember when you pay with paypal you are also protected.

the grinch

I guess I could use a little social interaction
averagebloke said:
This is not unusual with Ali Express. It can occur on large amounts or when you purchase multiple pieces. Problem is one it happens it will happen over and over if you use the same card. It can take up to 5 business days for the money to return to your account. It always does though. It is very very frustrating. If you can buy direct through pay pay is better just check reviews. Remember when you pay with paypal you are also protected.
Ah yes tottally understand and agree with using PayPal as we had a major mishap with a purchase not mxas related used our account for sister in law was charged twice for an item . Was big cash over 6000 dollars and was charged twice . Was panic stations here and contacted paypal and sorted immediately for us . Luckily we had the protection from paypal otherwise could of been scammed . So I also recommend for people to use PayPal for that added protection and customer service was great . Saved us for sure