ALS ice bucket challenge

DrNeutron

Just starting in this crazy hobby
Just curious if any of the folks "down under" have taken part in the ALS ice bucket challenge???
I just completed mine today and it was refreshing.... :D ;)

firebug

Senior elf
We did it to a couple of guys at our station. Was evening and pretty cold. Will post video when I get home...

battle79

Full time elf
Melbourne is hosting a world record attempt at one of our sporting stadiums for the most people doing the ALS (called MND or motor neuron disease is AUS) challenge tonight. Over 3k people have signed up, and more expected to just rock up. Should be fun.

P.S. I really expected Charlie to have heaps of little bags of white powder in his bucket. LOL
Cheers,
Rowan

DrNeutron

Oh come on now, you guys have 20 degree weather for your "winter" don't you??
:p

nzlongfellow said:
It's winter-time down here, well just gone into spring anyway.... R U Crazy???? :'(

DrNeutron

That is awesome!
Good luck on the record attempt.
;)

battle79 said:
Melbourne is hosting a world record attempt at one of our sporting stadiums for the most people doing the ALS (called MND or motor neuron disease is AUS) challenge tonight. Over 3k people have signed up, and more expected to just rock up. Should be fun.

P.S. I really expected Charlie to have heaps of little bags of white powder in his bucket. LOL
Cheers,
Rowan

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Good stuff firebug. That one will take some topping. Sounded like it was pretty cold.

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Some mates of mine did the challenge. Thought it wasn't a bad effort.

Attachments

• MND.jpg
    MND.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 25

Karob

Let there be Light!
I have done the challenge and found it refreshing.

I am a guy who does not mind turning off the hot water before the shower finishes so pouring a bucket of ice water over my head for charity did not seem like a bad thing to do, lucky for me the weather was fine on the day I done mine.

I did decide to donate money to a charity that is close to my heart, I think if any charity that can benefit from this it would be great.

As anything here, if there is no picture or video then it did not happen.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10203616687270595&set=vb.1018436492&type=2&theater

I must say I am still waiting for 2 of my nominations to do it, time to put the pressure on them.