Any interest in Pi2 with FPP,usb etc ready for PI36

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I have been thinking about offering to build up PI2's ready to plug in and go to my PI36 boards although they could just be used for a show player without my PI36. What I'd put together would be a PI2, micro sd card with FPP (Falcon Player) installed on it, a 36 channel sequence done to a free Christmas song saved onto a USB along with a Xlights 4 and Vixen 3 set of files that match it. A WiPi wifi interface for the PI would also be an option.
If I did this I'd put together a bit of documentation on how to setup in bridge mode for control from a PC or how to run/set the schedule. FPP would be configured so that the 36 DC channels of the PI36 are ready to go.
If there's any interest let me know. I have no idea on cost but a PI2 from Element 14 and good quality micro SD card and USB would be used. Possibly 16GB ones.

scamper

Dedicated elf
too late for a lot of us on here, but with the amount of newbies that are saying hello in the last week I am sure there would be some kind of demand.

If you had that when I started I am sure I would have been keen.

In a nutshell.... I think it is a great idea.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Sounds like a good idea for the newer members as an intro to DC lighting and Pi. Could even be good for a smaller, 2nd or backup display (got me thinking about my work office display...!)