Anybody have their P12S working correctly in test mode?

Greg.Ca

Apprentice elf
I have read comments that switch 4 is no longer enabled? Is that correct? Do I only need to enable testpat in software to run the test pattern? I had a P12R and I had it working in the test pattern, but my P12S, no luck. Not sure what to try or what sequence to try. --Greg--

shtonkalot

New elf
Greg.Ca said:
I have read comments that switch 4 is no longer enabled? Is that correct? Do I only need to enable testpat in software to run the test pattern? I had a P12R and I had it working in the test pattern, but my P12S, no luck. Not sure what to try or what sequence to try. --Greg--
My p12s shipped with all dipswitches down and played the test sequence until I disabled through the ip config screen option. I never changed the dip switch yet it played even after a reset so I think it is different.

magii

Apprentice elf
shtonkalot said:
Greg.Ca said:
My p12s shipped with all dipswitches down and played the test sequence until I disabled through the ip config screen option. I never changed the dip switch yet it played even after a reset so I think it is different.

If you have test enabled in the software then it will play regardless of the dip switch position. I leave it off in the software always and only use the switch so I don't get confused.

Zach

Greg.Ca

Apprentice elf
Just received the boards less than 2 weeks ago. Is it necessary to update the firmware. Woulden't it have left the factory with the latest firmware?

I am at work now and cannot read the software. However my son is at home and could possibly read firmware level. Is this info on one of the setup screens?

How difficult is it to flash new firmware? Are instructions posted somewhere?

Also, strip is temporaraly installed just a few inches from output connector. What speed should I be using?

Anything else obvious?
I have just a half a strip of 75 pixels 5VDC WS2811's hooked ONLY to first output connector.

--Greg--