fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I actually was using someones surface pro over in the US when I was at the academy and I was surprised that LSP seemed to perform well with sequencing. It was the higher spec surface pro though.

Does the surface pro have an RJ45 output, I know many smaller tablets and computers are now being sold without the RJ45 network output and I cant remember if the one I was using had it or not.

kane

Dedicated elf
Gso125 said:
Anyone using a touch screen tablet to sequence and or run a show in LSP. I was checking out a few and the surface pro and pro 2 seem to fit with the min requirements. Thanks

I think the biggest issue would be screen real estate. I have for work (when travelling) a Samsung Ativ Pro tablet which has an i5 and 4gb and seems to handle anything I throw at it. But I couldn't see myself using it to sequence, without hooking up to an external monitor.

Fasteddy said:
Does the surface pro have an RJ45 output, I know many smaller tablets and computers are now being sold without the RJ45 network output and I cant remember if the one I was using had it or not.
No, the surface pro doesn't have an rj45 ethernet port - you'd need to use a USB ethernet interface to get wired networking working.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I actually was looking at getting the surface pro for use as a nice small portable device to sequence with on the road.

But then when i weighed up all the pros and cons and the cost difference I ended up paying about $150 more and bought a Dell with an I7 and 8GB ram and 250GB SSD that has a screen that can flip and turn into a tablet. (must admit it was on sale at the time)

It really is the best of both worlds, its 12 inches so its not too small but also not too large and great as a laptop and great as a tablet as well

B_P_J

Full time elf
Hey Fasteddy, if your talking about the Dell Latitude XT2, great choice, i used one of those for work for about 2 years, absolutely love it, miss it now though, we changed to HP Laptops so dont have the fun and ability of the touch anymore, :(
Maybe one day i will get another one for me,

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
bpj1980 said:
Hey Fasteddy, if your talking about the Dell Latitude XT2, great choice, i used one of those for work for about 2 years, absolutely love it, miss it now though, we changed to HP Laptops so dont have the fun and ability of the touch anymore, :(
Maybe one day i will get another one for me,

Its actually a Dell XPS, I got it cheap as it was the 3rd generation i7 instead of the 4th generation, I absolutely love it and it looks real nice as well with the carbon fibre body.