Artificial tree with rgb or pixels

DSMJuggalo

New elf
Joined
Mar 9, 2013
Messages
8
I have purchased six 4 ft artificial trees and want to wrap them with either rgb nodes or pixels. Has anyone done this and have pictures? I would rather do rgb instead of pixels, I don't think I'll get the full use of pixels on these trees. I already have 682's though so it would be just as cost effective to run pixels as if I had to buy stuff to control the dumb nodes. Any thoughts on this? Also, how many would make the tree appear full, I was thinking 100 on each tree.
 

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Joined
Apr 26, 2010
Messages
6,644
Location
Albion Park NSW
I have done this using Minleon RGB lighting on a White Christmsas tree just using the inbuilt effects that come with the controller. Im using a string of 25 C9 and a string of 25 C7 connected together. looks great on a white tree.

Minleons Multifunction Controller
 

firebug

Senior elf
Joined
Dec 29, 2013
Messages
604
Location
Newcastle NSW
Fasteddy said:
I have done this using Minleon RGB lighting on a White Christmsas tree just using the inbuilt effects that come with the controller. Im using a string of 25 C9 and a string of 25 C7 connected together. looks great on a white tree.

Minleons Multifunction Controller
Will these be available in longer lengths for taller trees Ed?
 

hdracer

There is no rehab for the CLAP
Joined
Feb 17, 2012
Messages
176
Location
Sugar Land,Tx
25' lengths with 25 lights spaced 1'. you can connect strings end to end. I ran 3 strands on my tree this year and my daughter loved it.. Mainly because the mini controller comes with a remote.... Looks beautiful too

Next year I will be sequencing the inside tree to go along with the house display.
 

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Joined
Apr 26, 2010
Messages
6,644
Location
Albion Park NSW
firebug said:
Fasteddy said:
I have done this using Minleon RGB lighting on a White Christmsas tree just using the inbuilt effects that come with the controller. Im using a string of 25 C9 and a string of 25 C7 connected together. looks great on a white tree.

Minleons Multifunction Controller
Will these be available in longer lengths for taller trees Ed?
Im actually waiting on 2 x 3 metre trees to arrive that im going to use these lights on

As HD mentioned these have connectable strings, so depending on the controller will depend how many you can run either 125 lights or 500 lights (needs a power T and power injection every 100 to 125 lights)
 

hdracer

There is no rehab for the CLAP
Joined
Feb 17, 2012
Messages
176
Location
Sugar Land,Tx
I will also be doing my mini trees with these and removing the 4 strings of LED's that are on them now.. These strings are way worth their weight in gold!
 

talk2coxie

Full Time elf
Joined
Dec 29, 2010
Messages
141
Location
Heathcote NSW
DSMJuggalo said:
I have purchased six 4 ft artificial trees and want to wrap them with either rgb nodes or pixels. Has anyone done this and have pictures? I would rather do rgb instead of pixels, I don't think I'll get the full use of pixels on these trees. I already have 682's though so it would be just as cost effective to run pixels as if I had to buy stuff to control the dumb nodes. Any thoughts on this? Also, how many would make the tree appear full, I was thinking 100 on each tree.
DSMJuggalo

I used 2 x artificial Christmas trees on either side of my driveway and I think they came up great seeing they were so cheap to buy. Each one was reduced down from $13.00 to $6.75 in post Christmas sales.

The corro presents at the bottom and the corro star on the top do have 2811 pixel modules in them and I do have 2811 pixel (smart) strip going around in spirals.

However, there are 5 strings per tree which go up and down making the look of 10 strings but they are all dumb RGB.

Hope this is of some help?


2013 - JINGLE BELL ROCK - 42MB on Vimeo
 

nzlongfellow

Dennis from NZ
Joined
Jan 2, 2014
Messages
538
Location
Lepperton, Taranaki
I have to say, with respect, that the use of "real" trees are fantastic over the straight, near perfect, lines of "mega" trees of late.
There is something delicate and beautiful in the randomness of icicle lights and decorating a real tree and not a wire frame.
These examples are what I have been looking to see for my Christmas variety stage shows. Thanks.
 

RobertB

New elf
Joined
Dec 29, 2011
Messages
1
I know this is an old thread. But wanted to put in my 2 cents worth. Last year I had 6 4ft trees, 1 6ft (adding and 6 4ft and 2 6ft trees this year) and 16 2ft trees. They were all WHITE. I used dumb nodes from Ray at 4 inch spacing on each. I had 150 on the 6ft, 50 on the 4ft and 35 on the 2ft trees. The white trees REALLY made it pop. I understand that over the years, your tree may yellow. I had them out in the hot Georgia sun for 3 months and they had very little discoloration.

Know it's an old thread. But I am sure some people like me are just reading through threads to get ideas for their 2014 show.
Jing, Jing, Jing
http://burtonchristmaslights.weebly.com/uploads/2/9/0/9/2909071/1307513_orig.jpg
 
Top