BBB and FPP

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Ver v1.5-pre-15-gc48aa5f (master branch)

Can someone confirm that FPP doesn't currently work in Bridge mode to allow the BBB to be a controller.
I have installed it.
I can get lights in the test screen out of FPP.
I can put a FSEQ file onto it and play the sequence in Master mode.
Can't get it to light up straight from xLights and Da-E131 in bridge mode.

gerry

Senior elf
Hi,
It should work , cause it wa used that way in the Espo.
I do have that same problem and have posted my logs etc on the xl forum yesterday for captain to have a look at tomorrow.
Works for others.

Superman

Global moderator
Thanks Gerry,
I did see one working at Adelaide mini also however it had an older version on it. That's why I'm just asking if anyone has tried whats on the FPP site currently before I raise another issue.

gerry

Senior elf
I am definitely pursing it cause it saves heaps of time .

I only found about the Bridge mode usefulness end of last week , when I was watching the videos.

Should hopefully get a resolution soon and then will post updates and update my document as well.
In theory , you have to define the universes and channels on the E1.31 screen of the FP BBB and simply change to Bridge mode. In my case though the FPPD stops working when I do this. So will see.

Make sure you are on the latest pre1.5 code base.

Superman

Global moderator
Thanks Jerry.
I did get Daryl in for a Teamviewer to have a look the other night and we have set the universes.
It does seem to be an oversite IMO as I have never had any of the older releases I only have the option to use the latest version listed on the Falcon Site.
Look forward to your findings.

gerry

Senior elf
Superman said:
Thanks Jerry.
I did get Daryl in for a Teamviewer to have a look the other night and we have set the universes.
It does seem to be an oversite IMO as I have never had any of the older releases I only have the option to use the latest version listed on the Falcon Site.
Look forward to your findings.

This is my post current post about it (and it also has my config included in the doc) . But I will update here as well.

http://nutcracker123.com/forum/index.php?topic=1465.0

I had previously disabled the auto update and also was not connected to the internet for the BBB FP , so had been running the same version I first installed with (about 5 weeks ago ago) , but upgraded to the latest a week ago, which at this stage is the best thing to do as the final image will be released quite soon.

Superman

Global moderator
Re: BBB and FPP- resolved

It's all good Gerry,
Dave had a look for me and I didn' t have the universes checked in the e131 screen, I also had the E131 output enabled.

gerry

Senior elf

Superman said:
It's all good Gerry,
Dave had a look for me and I didn' t have the universes checked in the e131 screen, I also had the E131 output enabled.

Great ! That is how mine is set up , but the FPPD wont start in bridge mode :(

Will wait a day or so for the Captain, then tinker with it again.

gerry

Senior elf

Superman said:
It's all good Gerry,
Hi Superman,
- How many universes do you have defined on the E1.31 screen ?
- is your BBB connected to the internet ?

Just trying to isolate why my FPPD keeps ending when changing to Bridge mode.. there is no obvious error.

gerry

Senior elf
And I finally have it working in bridge mode. I disabled the universes that were not pertinent to the BBB FP (panels) and it started running. Output on the panels is quite jerky in bridge mode , so will look into that , unless someone has an idea why.

Will update the Wiki tomorrow

Superman

Global moderator
Yes it is connected to the interweb. I only have 2 P10 panels connected currently so it needs 6 universes configured.

Attachments

• superman p10 b2.jpg
    superman p10 b2.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 2
  • superman p10 b1.jpg
    superman p10 b1.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 2

gerry

Senior elf
Superman said:
Yes it is connected to the interweb. I only have 2 P10 panels connected currently so it needs 6 universes configured.

Hi superman , as per my post just now , I got it working a short while ago !

I had defined and ticked all the universes ie even the other ones. Not sure why that would cause the FPPD to fail completely (ie even before I have connected anything) , but I was going to change that first, then try connecting it to the internet via DHCP next.

Next problem to look at now ...the output on the panels in bridge mode is quite jerky even though it is hardwired..

Superman

Global moderator
yer i saw that i was posting at the same time. thanks for your help

JonB256

Full time elf
All the P10 panel setups I've worked with (that's 2 :) ) have the universe size set at 512.

If I get a chance, I may reconfigure my P10 with a value of 510 to see if it still works as well.
Since I don't use any E1.31 items other than Falcon, all of my setups are full 512.