BBB keeps turning off

JCooper

New elf
Hi all, I am running a He123 as a pixel controller. The beagle bone black keeps turning off after a couple of minutes. It's not a power issue as the light just freeze with what ever they are on and the He123 has lights on. Has anyone experienced the BBB randomly turning off. If so, are there any remedies besides a new beagle bone. I run a pi4 as the main controller and have had no issues in previous years.

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Have you tried re-imaging the BBB, or replacing the SD? Could be freezing due to a bad SD card.
What version of FPP are you running?

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Is there anything on the display?
Will pressing the power button turn the BBB off?
Are you running the HE123 from 5V or 12V. If you are running off 5V then you might be getting a dip in the power which could be enough to put the BBB into mumble mode.

JCooper

New elf
I am running fpp 2.7 on the beaglebone as it did the job on the HE123. I run the latest version of FPP on the Pi4 master. MAybe a good time to update the BBB. The BBB is powered from 5V, and Alan you might be right. The beagle bone will be running fine and then it would just turn off after a couple of minutes. The BBB is not getting hot and would run 24/7 in previous years without drama. I have a new Beagle bone thanks to Alan so i am going to flash that with FPP V5 unless there are any benefits to upgrading to V6 and getting a EEPROM license. I will use the old BBB for maybe some panels in future years. Thanks for your responses.
will running a backup from V2.7 help with setting up a new version FPP at all? Maily the input/output information. I did take screen shots of all settings.