Best colour lights against White backdrop

Malinoz

New elf
Hi all,
1st question in a long time. My house (rental) is a painted white weather board. I use mainly store bought motifs, spirals, waterfalls, stars etc.
I find that against the white backdrop, a lot of the colours get "lost". ie hard to see as it all get very mixed. Blue's definitely show up better, but was hoping to get some advice on how best to make others stand out.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
MAL

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
The brighter the feature (light wise) the more washed out the colours will end up as the light gets reflected from the white weatherboard, three things you can do, run them at a lower overall brightness, move them away from the weatherboard or likely most effective place some black coro directly behind the item if it's close to the house with nothing behind it, this would give the most contrast and block the light from reflecting.
This may not be desired but you either wash the weatherboard with the colours or block them in the first place.

Cheers
Phil

TerryK

Retired Elf
My thought as well, lower the drive level. Also, if the shape of the pixels allows, try to place them for a direct face view, not side. That should illuminate the weatherboard less.