Best place to buy lights?

Discussion in 'Christmas Light Shopping Bargains' started by Rohan Tait, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Rohan Tait

Rohan Tait New Elf

Find Me On:
    Hey guys

Last year (2015) I bought my lights from Christmas World. Although for a set of 600 warm white leds were $100. This year (2016) I'm building a 15 foot mega tree so I'm going to need quite a lot of lights. Where are the best place to buy warm white led lights? That will last long and that are cheaper than $100. P.S I run a light show

2. firebug

firebug Senior Elf

3. i13

i13 Senior Elf

Is there a reason you don't want a pixel tree to give you individual computer control over the colour and brightness of every single light?

If you want ordinary LED strings then try mysolarled.com
    I haven't heard of anyone ordering from them recently but they seem to have a very good reputation. They may also give you whatever voltage, LED spacing etc that you want. I have not ordered from them myself.

I'm also thoroughly impressed with the quality of my single channel low voltage LED strings with black wires from http://top-atom.en.alibaba.com/productgrouplist-212179120/LED_Christmas_light.html but their minimum order quantity is 50 strings.

If you buy store bought light sets with an 8 function controller then they need to have at least 3 wires going to the lights or they'll be incompatible with computer control. Also note that clear wires turn brown in the sun.

Do you want computer control? These options I listed may not come with plugpacks and those with mains plugs don't look safe because the mains voltage runs the entire length of the light set.

4. OP
    OP
    Rohan Tait

Rohan Tait New Elf

Find Me On:
  5. mararunr

mararunr Here to learn! (and share)

3505 NW Edgewood Ave, Bentonville Arkansas, USA
    Find Me On:
    You can also use smart pixels and set the RGB value to match warm white