Best place to buy lights?

Rohan Tait

New elf
Hey guys

Last year (2015) I bought my lights from Christmas World. Although for a set of 600 warm white leds were $100. This year (2016) I'm building a 15 foot mega tree so I'm going to need quite a lot of lights. Where are the best place to buy warm white led lights? That will last long and that are cheaper than $100. P.S I run a light show

i13

Dedicated elf
Is there a reason you don't want a pixel tree to give you individual computer control over the colour and brightness of every single light?

If you want ordinary LED strings then try mysolarled.com
I haven't heard of anyone ordering from them recently but they seem to have a very good reputation. They may also give you whatever voltage, LED spacing etc that you want. I have not ordered from them myself.

I'm also thoroughly impressed with the quality of my single channel low voltage LED strings with black wires from http://top-atom.en.alibaba.com/productgrouplist-212179120/LED_Christmas_light.html but their minimum order quantity is 50 strings.

If you buy store bought light sets with an 8 function controller then they need to have at least 3 wires going to the lights or they'll be incompatible with computer control. Also note that clear wires turn brown in the sun.

Do you want computer control? These options I listed may not come with plugpacks and those with mains plugs don't look safe because the mains voltage runs the entire length of the light set.