big w lights?

I

indudio

Anyone seen any Christmas lights in big w? Usually by now this time of year someone has seen them.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
Someone in chat said they saw shelves being stacked with lights at their local store. I checked online last night and no lights there yet.

dropbear_luke

Full time elf
Big w Toowoomba has all their Christmas lights out. Sad news though. No green again. Only white, blue and multicolor.

BradsXmasLights

WiFi Interactive
I have been staking out local Big-W's for the past week or so. They are definitely slow this year.
Last Wednesday, Brisbane CBD were stacking there shelves.
On Saturday, at Chermside, they had started arranging shelves for everything but the lights. The guy working there said he was hoping to get the lights out within the next day or so.
Tonight, North Lakes had the lights isle setup, but no stock out. Then I got swarmed by staff/manager who were getting the briefing on the setup, unfortunately before I could get a good read of the placement instructions.

I

indudio

Just went to a store. They had a mix match of blue, white and multicolour all with either clear wire or the green wire. Seem to have some stock left over from last year.

Looks like the Christmas stuff was put out later to try and capitalise selling 1 direction merchandise in conjunction with their current Australian tours.

aussiexmas

Sinnamon Lights
Big W (Mt Ommaney) has their stock out now. For strings & icicles, only colours are white, blue & multi. (NO reds green, purple.) There are 600 & 200 count strings ($59.90 & $20), with DC power packs (30V DC, 13W) and controllers. They also have a lot more 100 bulb extension sets at $12 (ie still more expensive /bulb than the starter packs).

There seemed to be a mixture of green & clear wire. starter packs were clear wire except blue which was green, while most extension sets were green with a few clear.

BradsXmasLights

WiFi Interactive
Looks like all the new LED strings are in the solar range. Powered by a 1.2V AA battery I don't know how bright that'll be :p

At least all the ropelights are low voltage this year, here's my spy shots...
[smfattach]1[/smfattach]

Last edited by a moderator: