https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBSUGb1h-8s

Frozen...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOVlTuS3V6Y

Santa Claus is coming to town...
! No longer available

Lego Song...
! No longer available

Major changes this year were:
a) roof matrix was entirely rebuilt at double the height (100mm vertical spacing), along a new 5m long dual 8GA figure8 power feed so PSU's were no longer roof mounted.
b) P10 Panel Display
c) and a new website: www.BradsXmasLights.com :)

Specs:
* ~26,000 LED
* ~7400 channels
* P10 Panel - (5x5 formation, 160x80 pixels, 38400 channels)
* Sequenced with Vixen3 and xLights4 for the P10 panel.
* Falcon Pi Player
* J1SYS PIXAD8, P2, D2, 3 x Ray 27ch's, 1 x DC15 Pixel to RGB Controllers
* And once again running my Wi-Fi portal so visitors can connect their phone's to my Wi-Fi hotspot which then let's them enter their name & it goes up on the roof.

More on facebook.com/BradsXmasLights too.

I need to hurry up and record the rest one (late) night. I need to record each song twice I think - one at high exposure for the strips, then a 2nd time at low exposure for the P10's - then overlay them in post production :)

EmmienLightFan

One of few displays in the UK
Very very good. I like the roof matrix and P10 panels. What are you playing the show from?

StuartW

Apprentice elf
Great job Brad

Checked out the new web site, nice job of getting all the info out there.

How did you mount the P10's on the garage door?

Stuart

BradsXmasLights

WiFi Interactive
EmmienLightFan said:
Very very good. I like the roof matrix and P10 panels. What are you playing the show from?
a) Falcon Pi Player as master - to the LED strips, and roof matrix colour to b
b) PC running my own software that takes e1.31 matrix colour & merged it with masking text images for the interactive aspect. Then new e1.31 packets get sent to the P2 on the roof.
c) BBB as a multisync slave to the PI Player - to the P10 panels.

BradsXmasLights

WiFi Interactive
Dazzled said:

Just 2 x thin chains from hooks on the door frame. I bring the display in & out each night, weighs about 18KG. This was a limiting factor in design/sizing as I didn't want it to bulky to move around.

StuartW

Apprentice elf
BradsXmasLights said:
Dazzled said:

Just 2 x thin chains from hooks on the door frame. I bring the display in & out each night, weighs about 18KG. This was a limiting factor in design/sizing as I didn't want it to bulky to move around.

Thanks for the info Brad I can just make them out now I know they are there.

Do you find you get much movement from the wind?

Stuart

drlucas

Apprentice elf
I built a box for my 6x4 matrix and put plexiglass (lexan actually) for the front of it. I then mounted it on the garage by two hooks at the top and put two screws in the sides at the bottom to stop it from moving in the wind. It's very much a bad idea and I don't recommend it to anyone unless they are replacing their garage door in the spring! Temps so far here have been hovering at freezing point every night so I'm dealing with condensation a bit but for the last two months (matrix has been out since Halloween) everything has continued to work fine.

000f3488364dc58c88868e99de6c7388.jpg

BradsXmasLights

WiFi Interactive
No movement - the box just clears the garage door. I can open the door and it might brush against it if the wind pushes it. The plastic cover wraps around to the back panel where it's stapled on. That also adds some extra padding against the metal door.

Total fluke it worked out like that - the door frame hooks were existing, and i drilled the hooks in to the box before checking the depth alignment against the closed door!

StuartW

Apprentice elf
Thanks for the info Brad I will have to put that on the to do list for next year.

Thanks for the closeup shot of your setup drlucas you sure put that garage door to good use during show time.

Stuart