Bug in X lights

Jimbo

Full time elf
Hi,

I have this annoying bug in X lights, where after I save and then press playback, the display misses lights, parts drop out etc, even though the programming for these is still in there.

The only way I can restore it is to close x lights, reopen and then click save.

It was doing this occasionally, but now it it is doing it all the time and impacting the amount of time it takes to sequence.

Is there a known fix to this or cause?

Jimbo

Full time elf
The issue seems to be around the rendering.

When it saves it is not rendering all channels properly.

SO for instance an effect in leaping rches over 8 channels, some have no colour in the sequencer and need to be clicked on again to work.

I have turned off rendering at save and this seems to have stopped it.

DO I need to render the effects to run through FPP?

Jimbo

Full time elf
OK SO I seem to have found a solution.

I took off the rendering option at save and have just been working with normal save.

I hit Render all button and it did this correctly.

Gilrock

Full time elf
If you turn off rendering it only saves the XML file. You need the FSEQ file for FPP. There are a ton of things you can do wrong as a user that can cause this behavior so I'm not going to speculate. If you have channel overlaps effects can be competing for the same output slots. If you converted an XL3 file months ago when there were conversion bugs you could have Off effects buried in every model going across the whole row. Now pick one spot where you want help I'm not continuing this thread in every forum.

Jimbo

Full time elf
Sorry Gil.

The issue started when I had to revert to a backup after I lost 2 minutes of sequencing and I updated to version 4.18.

Can I ask if I select render all, does this save it as required for FPP?

I had programmed upto 7 minutes in my sequence with no issue with it rendering when hitting save. when i had it on, it would save andthen nothinh would show. Hit save again and 70% would be ok.

I used the render all button and it rendered it all 100% fine with no issues.

So that's all I know.

Gilrock

Full time elf
Check your FSEQ file timestamp. Render All doesn't write to any files. We don't write your output files unless you tell us by hitting Save. Hitting Save writes the XML, renders the output (same as render all), then writes the result to the FSEQ file. By unchecking the option you are telling us to only write the XML file when you hit Save. It sounds like it's having trouble writing your FSEQ file. Can you just delete that file and try again? Maybe another process has control of the file and is preventing us from having access?

Jimbo

Full time elf
Re: Bug in X lights - solved

Hi,

Last night I created a new show directory, copied the main files and then save and created a new fseq file. It all seems to be b working fine again.

I think something happened with the old fseq file when I reverted to the backup.

All good now