Bunnings Nutcrackers/Toy soldiers

Jay.S

Full time elf
Stand about a meter tall. 69 dollars each... Solar powered. Will rip the guts out and replace with pixels. Photos to come.

Katekate

Senior elf
i don't like how they have done the belt bracers, with white over red so it lights up red. is it red paint in that area or is the base plastic red?

if its red paint could possible clean it off and redo.

Jay.S

Full time elf
You guys are really overthinking this LOL. There are actually only 2 lights in the thing and they are just stuck in through small holes in the back.

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Will be hard to replace with pixels then, but thats OK, for the price I might have to invest in one and see what I can do :)

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
I was thinking the base may be a better option, placing pixels around something like a piece of conduit (60mm??), or use strips on the conduit (Shudder). You should be able to cut a hole, add some internal bracing on the base around the hole, place the conduit, mounted to a base you leave outside the feet and then screw through that to the internal bracing. Should give an easy to repair, but pretty solid setup with loads of lighting ability

drakky

Senior elf
hmmm trip to bunnings today to check these out they look quite good

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Why would you want pixels in this just to light it up internally? Surely the design and the paintwork would make it so blurry you'd not see the different colours?

mikey

New elf
I can not seem to find these on the Bunnings website, has anybody else found them online?

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Why would you want pixels in this just to light it up internally? Surely the design and the paintwork would make it so blurry you'd not see the different colours?
More control of the light than color. I'd likely use white but say run around the prop or top to bottom. It's not really an issue as the local store does not have any