Button or Analog input to Artnet or E1.31 out

Bendigo

New elf
Hi to all the super genius guys on here

What is the best (and cheapest) way to accomplish outputting to an artnet or e1.31 channel with a button press or analog input?
I would like to output 0 for button off or 255 for button on.
Also from 0-255 with an analog input.

I think I could use a Pi running FPP, but I figured that would be overkill for this.
I've played with esp8266 and wondered if that would be a good use case - although I would prefer a hardware ethernet connection over wifi.
I'm happy to get my hands dirty, I just need some help to start.

Notenoughlights

400,000+ twinkly lights
I would have thought the only way to send data into the light show would be to use FPP, there is a big buttons addon to FPP that I believe can take GPIO inputs, someone may want to correct me if I am wrong here.

Bendigo

New elf
Thanks for your quick input! Yes. I know about Big Buttons and have used it before. That would work, but it is a bit cumbersome for this purpose. It may be a custom arduino build perhaps. I am trying to input dmx (via artnet or e1.31) into a master console. This is more for theatrical lighting - using an input on stage to trigger the rest of the lighting rig.

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
Looking over your previous posts, do you have a Falcon controller?

The Falcon F16v3/F48 have 4 analogue inputs, these can be configured to send an artNET trigger. (New Falcons have the same ports).

I've never tried them so I can not offer much support.
falcon_input.PNG
1625892593320.png

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
It's been a few weeks, has this worked out alright?

When I asked Keith on Zoom it was mentioned that artNET trigger is a broadcast (as opposed to multicast and unicast) which is why there is no destination IP address.