Cable ties

franky_888

Full time elf
I used these adhesive cable tie mounts on my colorbond roof this season after learning the hard way with duct tape last year. I found a thread about removing the adhesive foam from the rear of the clip and the different methods used by members to achieve this. I just wanted to add that using a heat gun was the only consistently reliable method I could use. Not sure if you wanted to add those different methods into your page.

As an aside, I wonder what their temperature resistance is before they melt? When removing my lights I noticed that after the couple of scorchers we had the strings had started to melt into the clips!

For those that have used these for more than one season, what is the longevity of these when used on the roof? Are they likely to crumble by next season or can you normally get a couple out of one?

franky, I have had mine up for 2 seasons, with no ill effects on the mounts. I did remove the adhesive and siliconed each one onto the roof ridgecap, some did come off, but that was due to crappy chalky concrete tiles.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
heathwithnoteeth said:
franky, I have had mine up for 2 seasons, with no ill effects on the mounts. I did remove the adhesive and siliconed each one onto the roof ridgecap, some did come off, but that was due to crappy chalky concrete tiles.
Yes you do need to give the tile a good clean first before applying the silicone as tile chalking will cause issues