Can you use a test pattern on the ECG-P2

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
I've set up my P2 IP address and I can communicate with it using the web browser. I noticed in the IP configuration tab there is an option for test pattern enabled. This made me think about how the test pattern is run with the P2. There is no dip switches so it can't be that. I gather you have to hook the P2 up to the network and enable the test pattern check box to turn the test pattern on. I'm also guessing you have to uncheck the box before running the lights through the sequencer/scheduler.

Thanks.

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Just watched another one of Andy Harrisons youtube clips. It explained that the option for the test pattern is as I thought. The clip is

! No longer available

The first part is about setting the ip address. If you've done this then watch from 3:30. That is when Andy starts looking at the controller config options. Problem solvered.

i13

Dedicated elf
This reminds me; I had quite strange behaviour when I misconfigured one of my P2 controllers (my fault). From memory the test function was initially on and E1.31 was not enabled. I then disabled the test function but forgot to enable the E1.31. This test pattern still came on when no E1.31 data was sent to the P2. It responded to E1.31 data too but there was a really bad flicker. I enabled E1.31 by ticking its box and the problem was 100% solved and the P2 didn't miss a beat after that.